Sr. Financial Analyst
DHL Express has an immediate opening for a Sr. Financial Analyst to direct and perform financial analysis and reporting activities to support short-term and long-range strategic plans and operating budgets. This role will act as a trusted partner for Sr. Leadership in establishing budgeting systems, procedures and monitoring actual performance against budget. The ideal candidate will evaluates data, prepare forecasts, and analyzes trends in sales, operations, general business conditions. You will identify performance issues and makes recommendations to management for remedial actions. This role will prepares and distribute periodic financial statements and reports for internal and external stakeholders. You will work in a fast-paced environment ensuring all reports and disclosures comply with applicable governmental regulations, professional standards, and organizational policies.
- Conducts research and analysis of financial data needed in planning, budgeting, cost control, and project control to provide informed recommendations to leadership across DHL in setting and realizing profit objectives.
- Performs financial analyses at multiple levels of complexity which may include calculations of rate of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, budgeting, cost analysis, and financial and expense performance comparisons.
- Develops, maintains, and provides historical and prospective financial information and analyses.
- Perform balance sheet reconciliation , coordinate with SSC on outstanding items, process regular accruals and provide support on month end closing process
- Recommends and implements changes; analyzes and reviews submitted data and resolves questions and/or problems.
- Prepares regular and special financial statements for DHL including profit and loss statements and capital and commitments.
- Assists in the development and measurement of annual budget and business planning process including the identification of trends and the development of measures to ensure budgets are followed.
- Develops and modifies financial systems and corporate models related to budgets, forecasts, and capital expenditures.
- Manage vendor’s relationship includes payments, disputes management, coding matrixes, PO issuance and posting in SAP. Manage complete end to end ground Linehaul invoices
- May provide advice and counsel to line management on financial decisions.
- Issue intercompany invoice, MAA’s cost allocation across the entities
- Develops, recommends, and implements financial planning and analysis process and policy changes.
- May provide functional advice or training to less experienced financial analyst positions.
Skill & Qualifications:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, economics or business administration and a minimum of 5 years of experience in related field or MS/MA and a minimum of 3 years of experience in related field.
- Excellent written & communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail within a fast-paced professional environment
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft applications
- SAP Experience preferred
- CPA preferred
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Facts and Figures
DHL Express Regional Office Americas
Work Permit Required
Day time only