Premier Entry Agent (A3) - Mid (Tuesday - Saturday 11:00am - 7:30pm)
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Deliveries and Logistics Company in the world.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
We have an immediate career opportunity for a qualified Premier Entry Agent at our Erlanger, KY location. Our Premier Team is one of DHL Express’ highly specialized Customs Brokerage Service that serves as a traditional Customs House Broker for our customers with specific requirements in compliance with US Customs and Border Protection. As a Premier Entry Agent, you will ensure compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and documentation of imported/exported products. You will also compute duties, tariffs, price conversions, as well as calculating the weight and volume of merchandise exported/imported from foreign destinations. In addition you will also be asked to examine various documents including invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements and may contact customs officials to obtain release of incoming freight and resolve delays.
- Understanding compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and documentation of Exported/Imported products being shipped through all DHL facilities.
- Effectively classifying dutiable import/export shipments to ensure compliance with all government agency rules and regulations
- Processes all requests for extensions, expiration, cancellation and all government entries
- Communicates with origin and destination locations regarding shipment status and special handling and delivery processes.
- Applies for Import/Export Permits and Certificates of Eligibility
- Maintains open line of communication with department of foreign affairs
- May receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence
- Import Clearance Filing with US Customs in a fast-paced, detail oriented environment with constant awareness of established Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Awareness of US Customs requirements associated with a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) with proper execution of those deliverables.
- Serve as our customer’s representative to US Customs and must be able to quickly explain and offer solutions to delays associated with US Customs review.
- Other duties as assigned by management staff
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (Associate degree preferred)
- 1 year experience in transportation or customs, preferred
- Direct experience with the regulatory matters of US Customs and Border Protection in addition to U.S. Import Controls under the Bureau of Industry and Security (U.S. Department of Commerce) and the U.S. Department of State (Directorate of Defense Trade Controls), preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word, must be able to type 55 words per minute.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet established deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills; courteous and clear telephone voice
- Proficiency on a 10 key calculator
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn