Maintenance Technical Specialist (A4, 3rd Shift)
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
We currently have an immediate position available for a Maintenance Technical Specialist at our CVG Hub located in Erlanger, Kentucky. TheMaintenance Technical Specialist will be responsible for the maintenance and repair of material handling equipment (MHE) and all associated equipment within the DHL Express CVG Hub.
Tasks & Accountabilities
- Be able to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on assigned equipment (tilt tray sorters and associated feeder components, conveyors, scales, scanners, cameras, variable frequency drives, etc).
- Knowledge of ASi systems, Profibus networks, and Siemens PLCs is a plus.
- Must be proficient in reading and comprehending electrical connection diagrams and schematics.
- Will utilize hand tools, electrical testing equipment, and computers in the performance of duties.
- Will occasionally be required to operate forklifts, scissor lifts, snorkel/boom lifts, pallet jacks, and small conveyance vehicles.
- Will be required to wear applicable personal protective equipment (including arc flash protection gear), and follow rules and regulations related to a detailed lockout/tagout (LOTO) program.
- This position will also require the ability to complete job specific tasks associated with facilities maintenance such as; high speed over head doors, lighting, general power distribution as well as high voltage electric monitoring, water distribution and sewage management, HVAC, low pressure boilers, dock levelers, fire protection systems, generators, etc
Skills & Qualifications
- Will be required to wear 100% cotton uniforms (part of the arc flash protection gear) at all times
- Will be required to wear safety toe boots at all times
- This position requires excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter with a positive attitude
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) is a plus
- Working knowledge of a (CMMS) computerized maintenance management systems (specifically Maximo) is a plus
- Required to supply a small pre-determined list of personal hand tools
- Specific skills pertaining to metal fabrication, welding, torches, rigging, etc is a plus
- Working knowledge relating to the daily use of HMI and GDU applications
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, frequently at times
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs regularly
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environments to include inclement weather
- Must be able to stand for long durations
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Facts and Figures
Wed - Sat , 7:00pm - 5:00am
DHL Express US
Work Permit Required