Maintenance Lead (A4, 1st Shift)
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
We are hiring for a Maintenance Lead (A4, 1st shift). The position is responsible for daily work assignments, instructional guide, project management, impact awareness as well as the ability to make sound decisions in a fast pace, time sensitive manner. The directives will support the maintenance and repair of material handling equipment (MHE), container handling equipment (CHE) and Building Facilities and all associated equipment and systems within the hub as assigned.
Tasks & Accountabilities
- Strong leadership skills are a must with a proven track record.
- Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must have a full understanding of the sort operation and its goals.
- The ability to affectively prioritize to best service our customers.
- Must be safety oriented with a proven record for working and leading others why’ll adhering to defined safety guidelines and processes.
- Be able to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on assigned equipment (tilt tray sorters and associate feeder components, conveyors, scales, scanners, cameras, variable frequency drives, etc).
- This position requires excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Knowledge of ASi systems, Profibus networks, and Siemens PLCs is a plus.
- Must be proficient in reading and comprehending electrical connection diagrams and schematics.
- Will utilize hand tools, electrical testing equipment, and computers in the performance of duties.
- Will occasionally be required to operate forklifts, scissor lifts, snorkel/boom lifts, pallet jacks, and small conveyance vehicles.
- Will be required to wear applicable personal protective equipment (including arc flash protection gear), and follow rules and regulations related to a detailed lockout/tagout (LOTO) program.
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Must posses the general knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must understand and have the ability to interact with a computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) specifically Maximo.
- This position will also require the ability to complete job specific tasks associated with facilities maintenance such as; high speed over head doors, lighting, general power distribution as well as high voltage electric monitoring, water distribution and sewage management, HVAC, low pressure boilers, dock levelers, fire protection systems, generators, etc…
Skills & Qualifications
- Will be required to wear 100% all cotton uniforms (part of the arc flash protection gear) at all times.
- Will be required to wear safety toe boots at all times.
- Working knowledge relating to the daily use of internal HMI and GDU applications.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Facts and Figures
Sun - Wed , 5:00am - 3:00pm
DHL Express US
Work Permit Required
Day time only