GSE Storekeeper (A3, 3rd Shift)
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual
contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
The storekeeper is responsible for the oversight and operations of the DHL parts room under minimal supervision.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between parts room personnel and GSE shop mechanics for the issuance and tracking of the parts to various DHL owned and operated equipment.
- Work closely with maintenance technicians to accurately identify parts that need to be pulled from inventory or special ordered.
- Active partner in GSE maintenance troubleshooting to repair the equipment “right the first time” as cost effectively as possible.
- Utilizes the Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) software to record each transaction including issuance, receipt, warranty returns, location reassignment, etc.
- Check in vendor deliveries for accuracy in quantity delivered and note/resolve discrepancies per established resolution practices.
- Position requires systematic oversight, control and cycle counting of a $2,000,000 on site parts inventory.
- Receive and prepare orders for shipment to non CVG locations in support of their maintenance programs.
- Extensive use of computer aides include desktop PC (MS Office Suite, CMMS software), bar code scanners and ability to learn new devices that may be added in the future such as tablets.
- Provide feedback on inventory levels, vender performance and quality to management personnel as required insuring proper stock is regularly on site for equipment repairs to minimize impact to operations .
- Aggressively manage the warranty process from claim to replacement or credit to minimize loss to company from defective or low quality parts.
- Provide extensive feedback to management based
- Operate forklift with proficiently in storeroom and ramp settings
- At higher levels, may orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level or less experienced workers
- Other duties as needed or required.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- High School education with 2 years mechanical or parts room experience preferred.
- Ability to work well within groups or individually as tasks dictate.
- Highly organized with ability to work computers (Microsoft Office and CMMS software).
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn