GSE Maintenance Technician (Non Powered) (A3, 1st Shift)
What makes DHL great?Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
We have an immediate career opportunity for a qualified GSE (Ground Support Equipment) Maintenance Technician in our Non-Powered Equipment group in our Erlanger, KY hub. As a GSE Technician
Shift: 1st Monday – Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Safety oriented individual adhering to best practices and continuous improvement
- Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong welding experience with variety of metals and equipment preferred
- The ability to affectively prioritize workflow to best service our customers.
- Must be safety oriented with a proven record for working and leading others why’ll adhering to defined safety guidelines and processes
- Be able to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on assigned equipment and components
- This position requires excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
- Will utilize hand tools, welding equipment, use of cutting devices, etc. in the performance of duties
- Will occasionally be required to operate forklifts, scissor lifts, snorkel/boom lifts, pallet jacks, and small conveyance vehicles
- Will be required to wear applicable personal protective equipment (including arc flash protection gear), and follow rules and regulations related to a detailed lockout/tag out (LOTO) program
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter with a positive attitude
- Preferred candidates will have the general knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must understand and have the ability to interact with a computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS) to record work orders.
- Clean driving record as position requires ramp driving privileges
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, frequently at times, able to work 10’ or more in height.
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs regularly.
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environments to include inclement weather.
- Must be able to stand for long durations.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn