GSE Maintenance Mechanic (A3, 2nd Shift)
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
Our department is growing and we are seeking the highly motivated individuals with a passion for excellence to join our team. We have an immediate career opportunity for a qualified Ground Support Equipment (GSE) Maintenance Technician at our Erlanger, KY hub (CVG airport). As a GSE Technician, you will provide a variety of facility management, administrative management and general office support duties at the Technician level, including but not limited to the following:
Tasks & Accountabilities:
- Safety first focused approach to conducting work
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Extensive background in the preventive maintenance, repair and ongoing care of GSE consisting of Ground Power Units, Cargo Loaders, Belt Loaders, Ramp Tractors, Ford vans, pickup trucks and shuttle buses
- Heavy diesel, HVAC, diagnostics and troubleshooting, brake and electrical systems, reading of schematics, welding are all desired skills
- Must work well individually and in a team setting (with or without supervision)
- Be able to perform preventative maintenance and repairs on assigned equipment and components.
- This position requires excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in reading and comprehending electrical connection diagrams and schematics.
- Will utilize hand tools, electrical testing equipment, and computers in the performance of duties.
- Will occasionally be required to operate forklifts, scissor lifts, snorkel/boom lifts, pallet jacks, and small conveyance vehicles.
- Will be required to wear applicable personal protective equipment (including arc flash protection gear), and follow rules and regulations related to a detailed lockout/tag out (LOTO) program.
- Must be detail oriented and a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Must have the general knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must understand and have the ability to interact with a computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS).
Skill & Qualifications:
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) level understanding and wide application of principles, theories and concepts related to GSE Maintenance
- Repairs include complete troubleshooting and testing of associated parts and components related to the function of the equipment as well as vehicle washing, cleaning, oil changes, greasing and inspection of hoses, belts, fluids and wiring
- Performs vehicle repairs by disassembling and overhauling engines, transmissions, clutches, rear ends, and other assemblies. Replaces worn or broken parts, aligns wheels, adjusts brakes, tightens bearings, and tunes engines
- Inspect equipment engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Knowledge of equipment diagnostic systems and methods needed to inspect the equipment's computer and electronic systems for repair, maintaining and upgrades.
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating, changing parts etc.) to maintain the functionality and longevity of the equipment. Repair or replace parts as determined by extensive troubleshoot (root cause repairs / right the first time)
- Has own tools or able to acquire for basic mechanical work, advanced tools supplied
- Must be able to lift up to 70lbs regularly
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environments to include inclement weather
- Must be able to stand for long durations
- Must be able to work at heights of 15 feet or more depending upon repair
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn