DCE Agent/Overage (A3) - Evenings (Sunday 4:00pm - 12:30am; Monday - Thursday 8:00pm - 4:30am
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Deliveries and Logistics Company employer in the world.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
We have an immediate career opportunity for a qualified DCE Agent at our Erlanger, KY location. As a DCE Agent, you will ensure compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and documentation of imported/exported products. You will also compute duties, tariffs, price conversions, as well as calculating the weight and volume of merchandise exported/imported from foreign destinations. In addition you will also be asked to examine various documents including invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements and may contact customs officials to obtain release of incoming freight and resolve delays.
- Support ORD and JFK Gateway
- Amend any formal entry data as required
- Participates in planning and directing the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations
- Effectively classifies dutiable import/export shipments to ensure compliance with all government agency rules and regulations
- Communicates with origin and destination locations regarding shipment status and special handling and delivery processes
- May receive and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail and correspondence
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (Associate degree preferred)
- 1 year experience in transportation or customs preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), database and web-based applications
- Good oral and written communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills; courteous and clear telephone voice
- Proficiency on a 10 key calculator
Please note a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions.
If you do not have one readily available, please visit http://dhl-resumebuilder.com/
This program will work on both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn