ACS Operations & Performance Supervisor
What makes DHL great? Our People! We know each employee’s individual contributions make us the #1 Express Delivery and Logistics Company in the world.
DHL Express is committed to maintaining an environment that empowers every team member to make the greatest possible impact on our business. Our corporate culture is about personal commitment – to our business, to each other and to our global communities. DHL is dedicated to being a great place to work. In addition to competitive compensation packages, our employees enjoy a range of programs, services and benefits that bring the best to their personal lives.
Start YOUR career with DHL today…
The ACS Operations Supervisor participates in understanding, analyzing, and improving the performance of the Air Capacity Sales operation within the US and Canada regions for the ACS cargo shipments utilizing the DHL Express Air Network air and ground movements.
- Understand and promote Global Standard Operation Procedures for the ACS product across 80+ locations in the US and Canada
- Drive performance and operational quality to meet and exceed global corporate KPIs and metrics
- Work with hubs, gateways, Express service centers, and 3rd Party Handlers on timely and compliant ACS shipment processing, ULD build-up, and administrative inputs
- Work with ULD groups to ensure the local availability of air containers and other equipment in the right place at the right time to support the ACS shipments on schedule
- Organize, monitor, and otherwise supervise the trucking of ACS shipments between various points in the US/CA, including developing relationships with trucking vendors providing such services
- Use and develop standard and ad-hoc reports to identify sources of errors leading to under performance, perform thorough analysis to identify root causes for failure and make recommendations for solutions
- Identify improvement opportunities, and then execute the implementation of changes, to reduce defects and waste in the operation
- Interact with other functional groups in ACS (Booking, Customer Service, Capacity Management, Billing, Internal and External Sales) in the pursuit of high quality performance for the ACS customers
- Produce reports for management that draw data from various sources to aid in tracking business unit objectives
- Takes part in various departmental projects and processes to represent ACS
- Provides functional guidance, advice and/or training to less-experienced ACS operations professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Operations and/or Logistics/Transportation; experience and demonstrated record of success in lieu of bachelor degree acceptable
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point), database and web-based applications
- Highly competent compiling and analyzing data in Excel and being able to perform analysis and draw insights. Access, VB, etc. a plus.
- Ability to work within a team environment with competing viewpoints/objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - must be adept at presenting ideas and concepts to groups in both formal and informal settings.
- Willingness to get deeply involved in a fast-paced 24/7 logistics operation at different times of the day and in various warehouse/airport environments
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn