Transport Operations Controller
Position: Transport Operations Controller
Grade: RCS N
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 23rd November 2017
For the role of Transport Operations Controller you will be responsible for the organisation and control of the transport resources ensuring the delivery of a high quality and cost efficient service to customers.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Recruitment, management and development of drivers and transport team
• Budget/Cost Management
• Compliance with company and local statutory obligations regarding working time legislation, operator licensing
• Ensure effective communication processes are established and maintained for both external and internal customers
• Management of KPI's
• Operational continuous improvement
• Shared control of departmental spend specified against targets and budgets
• Responsibility of sign off for all spend within the shift
• Conduct weekly/monthly cage audits ensuring no cage losses
• Management of transport administration ( customer services) within shift
• Support of / to transport manager
• Delivery of plan to within 3% of variance and cost
• Active member of site and contract Road Traffic Collision Forum.
• Agree competitive contractual rates with suppliers
• Provide an optimum radial delivery solution for the contract
• Ensure all drivers comply with WTD guidelines.
• Manage the contract fleet of vehicles and review suppliers
• To control, monitor, report fuel usage and ensure positive steps are put in place to improve KPL
• Manage Transport Debrief - answering information and giving feedback.
• Identify and implement ad hoc projects
• Ensure efficient operation of the national primary and secondary network
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Knowledge of transport regulations
• People Management
• Influencing skills
• IT literate
• Negotiation skills
• Ability to balance conflicting priorities
• Proven track record of planning and forecasting
• Budget Management and cost controls
• Written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a pressurized environment
• 5+ years Transport Management experience
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
Work Permit Required
Day time only