Business Development Manager
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Business Development Manager - Retail and Consumer
Grade/Salary: RCS I
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-time)
Please note you MUST have experience of selling transport services / solutions within a supply chain and retail / consumer environment
Did you know that DHL Supply Chain is the world's leading contract logistics provider? Did you know that we employ over 40,000 people in the UK alone and that we have a habit of promoting from within?
We work across multiple sectors including Retail, Automotive, Aerospace, FMCG, Retail, Public Sector and Aviation? This diversity means that no two contracts are the same and the possibilities of career development are almost endless.
Due to continued success our Retail and Consumer divisions require three Business Development Managers to focus on growing and developing our high street and consumer networks.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Develop and leverage constructive relationships within target accounts to gain access to key decision makers and establish coach network
- Conduct research meetings with the customers and leverage coach network to understand the customer's organization, requirements and business objectives
- Collaborate with internal functions that support the sales process (Solution Design, operations, HR, IT, Real Estate, Legal, Finance, etc.), gather required input and coordinate actions
- Assemble input from opportunity team, prepare proposal and BCA
To be successful in the role of Business Development Manager we require the following skills and experience:
- A proven track record in a new business development and account management position
- Experience working within a Transport Network or FMCG environment
- An understanding of fuel escalators, lane rates, backhaul and General Haulage
- You MUST have experience of selling transport services / solutions within a supply chain and retail / consumer environment
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, pay journey, medical cover, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
Joining the DHL family is easy! If you feel that you meet the criteria, have the passion to succeed and have the DHL values simply apply online, uploading an –up-to-date CV with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.