IT Project Manager
Description - External
- Deliver assigned, specific IT projects (or the IT portion of projects) under the guidance of the Head of IT Program Mgmt., which support the IE IT Strategy and business goals.
- Acting as Country PM, deliver assigned, specific Business projects under the guidance of the local Business Sponsor, local IT PMO & EU HQ PM (if relevant), and in conjunction with the Local Business Lead (if available).
- For assigned projects, achieve consistent and timely delivery of functionality to the business & perform rigorous services/vendor co-ordination
- For relevant projects, support the documentation of existing business processes, definition of new business processes and definition of business requirements (BRS), to submit to providers to facilitate their creation of a clear technical specification of potential IT solutions. To later facilitate UAT of delivered solutions to confirm that they meet the original requirements.
Customer & Stakeholder
- Delivery of specific, assigned projects within set time, cost and quality constraints through rigorous internal and external supplier co-ordination and under the guidance of the IT Program Manager
- Delivers quality and customer service according to company & department standards
- Supports the IT Programme Manager by tracking and highlighting the adherence of assigned projects to the timescale, costs & resources requirements set for the successful delivery of the project to an agreed scope
- Ensure IT Programme Manager is continuously informed of assigned project delivery progress. Monitors progression of the project within the time, cost and quality constraints. Reports issues & risks of delays to IT Programme Mgr.
- Develops collaborative relationships with (local & regional) colleagues, suppliers and internal & external customers, where required.
- For assigned projects, assists the business teams in performing necessary Needs Analysis and Requirements Gathering to support identifying recommendations and meet business needs.
- Facilitating the creation of the formal statements of requirements (BRS) and associated tests (UAT, TAT, etc.) for assigned, relevant projects
- For assigned projects, liaises with sponsors, business managers and key users to address any project issues, escalating (e.g. priority, requirement or scope conflicts) to the IT Programme Manager where required
- Liaise and communicate in a timely and professional manner (to maintain a stable working relationship) with local and PRG-based Support teams in IT Services to agree and achieve the deployment schedule of the project, and resolve any points of escalation
- Support and co-ordinate (where the procurement of applications is required) supply organisations to deliver output to time, cost and quality deliverables. Maintain relationships with 3rd party Telecoms suppliers and with vendors of 3rd party packaged software solutions to achieve effective deployment of vendor managed activities.
- Where assigned, support IT Programme Manager with replacing legacy locally-developed applications with regional target solns. Perform Needs Analysis, Requirements Gathering and Business Analysis to map legacy tools to new applications, as assigned.
- Support the IT Programme Manager by delivering assigned projects within the overall FOCUS programme in EXP IE and at a regional level (i.e. perform project approvals process)
Problem Complexity/ Process
- Ensure understanding and use of the processes, tools and analysis provided by Regional & IE IT Programme Mgt. Ensure understanding and adhere to PRINCE2 methodology
- Adhere to enterprise-wide IT portfolio/ programme/project mgt. processes and tools, governance standards and metrics
- Identifies problems and core project barriers then investigates possible solutions and takes appropriate action to implement, troubleshoot and resolve / or escalates to IT Programme Mgr.
- Provides regular reports of progress of assigned projects towards meeting project deliverables to IT Programme Mgr. & project stakeholders
- Conducts projects efforts in accordance with project priority levels set by Head of IT Programme Mgmt.
- Receives guidance generally on unusual complex problems or issues. Nature of work requires increasing autonomy.
- Work requires periodic review of output by IT Programme Manager.
- IT Project Lead should escalate complex project issues & forecasted risks/delays to IT Programme Manager (or Business Sponsor if relevant), and also advise if (s)he is approaching max work capacity.
May provide general guidance or train junior level personnel in Associate & Professional roles
Skills / Qualifications
- 100% customer focused. Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality delivery
- Project Management skills – task assignment & tracking, costs monitoring, status communicating and reporting, risk identification, issue resolution, etc.
- Ability to influence assigned project team-members to take a specific course of action when there is no direct line of command or control. Ability to team with and drive key contributors to the project.
- Ability to address the complexities involved in changing scope and requirements on assigned projects, and address/escalate any resulting impact on approach and schedule. Ability to multi-task and take the initiative to ensure delivery of promises during periods of challenge. Problem Solving Skills.
- Able to communicate clearly and frequently to maintain strong relationships with stakeholders of specific, assigned projects in the appropriate business area
- Flexibility & ability to adjust quickly to changing priorities.
- Good communications and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail; analysis skills.
- Understanding and perspective of technology and services and their value and application to the business.
- Able to participate in a company with a focus on business/supplier relationships.
Experiance and Education
2+ years of IT experience including:
- Experience in an IT Project Lead/Manager role, co-ordinating work among project teams to achieve successful project delivery
- Knowledge of working within a PMO/program mgt. environment & of project management methodologies, tools, principles, practices & procedures.
- Experience in large organization with high volume/high transaction environment
- Professional certification in Project Mgt. (e.g. Prince2/PMI) / willingness to obtain.
- 3rd level Qualification. Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field – or directly applicable experience.
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn