Customs Clerk x 15
BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Customs Clerk
Location: Dover Or Southampton
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 25th February 2019
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you’re looking for change, and you’re ready to make changes … we’re looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you’d like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we’ll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include:
• You will be responsible for assisting arranging and completing all associated paperwork, which documents the nature of the goods being imported or exported from/to abroad and that they are legal and legitimate.
• Good understanding of road and sea freight processes including customs entry creation
• Knowledge of excise and other customs procedures codes
• Imports are generally subject to import quotas, tariffs, trade agreements and HM Revenue and Customs regulations, so as a member of the team your role will involve checking all is in order in this respect.
You won’t find another job like the one you’ll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here’s what we need from you:
• Good organisational, IT and communication skills.
• Excellent planning skills and ability to co-ordinate own work load.
• Be aware of Health and Safety standards, along with a high understanding of dignity and diversity in the workplace.
• Have a methodical and organised approach to work with the ability to think ahead and prioritise tasks
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/G-nOa8Ddbbg
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required