Warehouse First Line Manager
Warehouse First Line Manager
Looking for a typical 9-to-5 job with a boss who'll tell you exactly what to do? Keep looking. This job isn't for you. If you need to succeed, you're driven to achieve, and you have what it takes to tackle whatever challenges the day brings… we want you on our team.
DHL Supply Chain is a world-class company, and we're looking for world-class people. People who aren't afraid to work hard – in fact, people who want to work hard.
We deliver unparalleled excellence to our customers, and our Warehouse First Line Managers are the first line of leadership in delivering that excellence. Can you envision yourself serving as the frontline connection between business success and employee engagement? Do you have the skill set to ensure optimum levels of productivity while maintaining a safe work environment for all associates? If so, keep reading.
Responsibilities to include:
- To plan, co-ordinate, supervise and report upon the work activities of a team; providing effective communication, leadership, motivation, training & development
- To manage the fulfilment of customer orders ensuring that all department targets and customer promises are met at all times.
- To support the Shift Manager to achieve an efficient and effective operation meeting goals and objectives.
- Plan, manage and adjust staffing levels to meet operational requirements
Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) in ecommerce
- Contribute to site continuous improvement agenda
- Organise and lead the focus on improved productivity levels using coaching and mentoring skills
- Deliver team member performance reviews, development and/or succession planning as appropriate
- Manage all disciplinary and grievance issues in line with HR policy
You won't find another Warehouse First Line Manager job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. If you're an active leader with a can-do attitude, who's passionate about doing things the right way the first time, join us and become an essential part of everyday life.
Now, here's what we need from you:
- Demonstrable working experience within a Retail/FMCG/Warehouse environment
- Experience of Inventory and Continuous improvement methodologies
- A proactive approach and a can-do attitude
- Focused on putting the customer first.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
Facts and Figures
Retail & Consumer
Below 25% of total work time