- Responsible for the day to day processing of dutiable material into the Customs computer system and to facilitate the customs clearance paperwork, ensuring all shipments are processed on time
- Ensure timely customs clearance of material into Doha Gateway.
- Ensure correct documentation is prepared for customs clearance and data entered in to customs computer to the required standard.
- Maintain relations with the Customs Authorities and work to the standards and time scales that are required by customs officials.
- Checking tariff code currency and valuation of invoice and ensuring accurate calculation of duties payable to Doha Customs for dutiable shipments.
- Checking the duty exemption status of shipments accordingly and initiating steps as required.
- The required documentation, payments, driver details, contents of shipments & necessary Approvals must be checked prior to departing for the border to avoid delays on clearance or incorrect duty payments.
- Obtain Ministry Approvals at the border/Airport
- Customs Broker license is essential.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a Customs and Excise related role preferably in Ground Operations.
- A good understanding of both Arabic & English language.
- Proficient in computers.
- Knowledge of the Qatari Customs Rules & Regulations.
- Good numerical skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal understanding.
- Strong problem solving capability.
- Committed to delivering quality results and exceeding expectations.
- Strong career support in an international environment.
- Great culture and colleagues.
- Multifarious benefit programm.
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Then apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application!
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn