GAIT Digital Workspace Engineer
YOU TACKLE FOR QUALITY AND GREAT SERVICE. THIS WILL IMPROVE THE LIFE OF OUR CUSTOMERS.
Would you like to become part of the world's most international company?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
DHL Express is seeking a Digital Workspace Engineer to join the aviation team. As Digital Workspace Engineer, you will play a critical role in the daily upkeep of the Global Aviation IT (GAIT) Digital Workplace to ensure maximum provision of service. You will do so by pro-actively maintaining and tuning the hardware, networks and software and by responding to and resolution of issues encountered. Solving an IT problem in a timely manner is important because our users depend on their Digital Workspace. You provide assistance to the organization’s computer users through phone, email, or in-person visits and cooperate closely with the network- and systems administrators.
- On-board the Technical Support for GAIT and build-up the Technical Support team.
- Cooperate closely with
- GAIT TechOps Network team (LAN,WAN,...)
- GAIT TechOps Wintel team (AD, Windows, Citrix,...)
- GAIT IT Services Team (Asset & configuration management,...)
- Build out a standard GAIT "core build" for all desktops and laptops in our department.
- Provide much-needed technical assistance, support and advice to computer users:
- Assist with installing software, maintaining computer systems and repairing computer hardware.
- Troubleshoot problems and answer questions to prevent downtime, while enhancing the use of hardware, software, peripheral equipment and operating systems.
- Resolving issues with Local Area Networks (W)LAN and Active Directory
- Answer inquiries from computer users by telephone, email, live chat or other means. Typically, they are required to listen to the customer’s problem, diagnose the nature of the issue and walk the caller through the steps required to solve it.
- Stock management
- Manage and improve processes related to the digital workspace
- Ensure that a number of "hot-spare" laptops and peripherals are configured, patched and ready to use
- Tagging and inventory tracking of hardware & software
- Asset Management
- Manage and improve processes related to asset management
- Bachelor in Applied Computer Science or Information Systems or similar
- Software: Expert knowledge on installing, supporting, debugging, configuring and patching
- Windows 10 Professional
- Outlook 2013 connected to the Exchange corporate e-mail servers
- Office 2013 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Symantec Endpoint Protection Antivirus
- Debug and solve hardware/driver-related problems
- Able to perform small repairs
- Manage Support and Warranty of desktops and laptops with vendors (HP)
- Network: Configure, support and debug issues with:
- Network connected printers
- Network file shares
- Active Directory: create/troubleshoot
- User Accounts
- Computer Objects
Fluent in Flemish, English and French
- Communicative and Approachable
- Patient, gentle and polite
- Able to convene guidelines
- Structured & Analytical
- Able to prioritize work and separate incidents from service requests
- Detect trends and suggest solutions to fix root cause
- Understands and knows how to apply standardization and automation
- Embraces structure: applies naming conventions, suggests process optimization
- Documentation & Reporting
- Able to document solutions and produce guidelines
- Produce reports on on-going issues
- Suggest optimizations to guidelines and processes
Creating Exchange Distribution Lists (including nesting)
- License Management tools such as SmartTrack
- Software packaging such as Altiris
- Software Management tools such as Altiris
- IT Service Desk tools such as Service Now
- Able to support and configure Android and Apple iOS smartphones
- A competitive salary with extra-legal benefits
- A challenging position in an international and dynamic environment with an informal atmosphere
- Career development opportunities in accordance with your expertise and commitment
- Great culture and colleagues
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Then apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application!
Facts and Figures
<25% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn