DevOps Test Engineer
JOIN THE AVIATION PROGRAMS TEAM AT THE HEART OF DHL. TOGETHER WE WILL IMPROVE THE LIVES OF OUR CUSTOMERS
Would you like a leadership role at the world's most international company?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? Making the lives of people better, everywhere.
DHL Express is seeking for a DevOps Test Engineer based in Brussels. This role will be working in the Aviation domain requiring various capabilities in relation to the airline and road transportation industry.
YOUR TASKSTesting all aspects of the product/system like function/component, system, performance, regression and service.
- Work with development team to identify and capture test cases, ensure version management.
- Setting up of test environments, designing test plans, developing test cases/scenarios/usage cases, and executing/coordinating these cases.
- Providing feedback on usability and serviceability, trace the result to quality risk and report it to concerned people.
- Record and analyze actions and results, and maintain a defect's register.
- Follow the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process and contribute to its regular updates.
- Defines and creates test cases from analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability).
- Produces test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
- Specifies requirements for environment, data, resources and tools. Interprets, executes and documents complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
- Records and analyses actions and results, and maintains a defect register.
- Reviews test results and modifies tests if necessary.
- Provides reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues.
- Produces reports on system quality and metrics on test cases.
- Assesses suppliers' development and testing capabilities.
- Selects project testing standards for all phases, influencing all parties to conform to those standards.
- Previous experience as a Test Engineer or similar role
- Knowledge and experience with project and software management lifecycles, deliverables and in change management processes.
- Ability to understand the business scope of the project, related legislation, business process descriptions, functional architecture and capacity to follow discussion with business stakeholders and understand their impact on the project scope, definition and defined timelines.
- Familiarity with various testing techniques and integration platforms IBMMQ, MuleSoft
- Experience with API management, protocols and data formats e.g. SOAP, REST, XML/XSD, JSON
- Hands-on experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Knowledge of quality standards and regulations; additional certification in Quality Assurance is a plus
- Experience working in a mixed environment, both Agile and Waterfall.
- You are an independent, flexible and analytical thinker who is able to perform in a very complex, multicultural environment often across multiple time zones, where consensus is critical for success
- Decision making ability as well as ability to work under pressure while maintaining deadlines
- Great troubleshooting, interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English (& Dutch)
- An understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) as well as the business approach for the product
- Business knowledge of airline regulation, customs processes/procedures and/or international goods supply chain logistics, or postal sector is considered as an asset
- Knowledge/certified of the test methodology ISTQB/Tmap Test Engineer
- Tosca Tricentis test automation engineer experience and/or knowledge
- Neoload performance test engineer experience and/or knowledge
- Experience with Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo)
- Knowledge/experience of API management protocols and data formats
- Knowledge/experience of integration platforms IBMMQ and/or MuleSoft
- Basic level in SQL/database
Facts and Figures
<25% of the time