DevOps Principal Applications Architect
JOIN THE AVIATION PROGRAMS TEAM AT THE HEART OF DHL. TOGETHER WE WILL IMPROVE THE LIVES OF OUR CUSTOMERS
Would you like a leadership role at the world's most international company?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? Making the lives of people better, everywhere.
The Domain you work in:
DHL Express Aviation domain and subdomains, covering various capabilities within the airline and road transportation industry.
YOUR MAIN TASKS
- Validate and challenge business requirements and translate them into functional and non-functional system requirements.
- Liaise with Enterprise Architects with regards to compliance with corporate standards and guidelines.
- Provide applications architecture guidance to development and testing teams.
- Asses the current applications landscape and work together with other architecture disciplines to define solutions for improving it.
- Continuously research current and emerging technologies related to applications architecture and propose changes where feasible.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- You are an expert in reviewing business requirements and efficiently turn these into robust, well documented and ready to develop functional system solutions.
- You are an expert in applying applications architecture and application integration architecture (Monolith, SOA / EDA, Microservices).
- You have extensive experience with object oriented analysis, design and programming.
- You efficiently convey the system design to the technical team.
- You are a fast learner who quickly understands the business scope of the project, related legislation, business process descriptions and other business functional artefacts.
- You have the drive and capacity to engage in discussions with business stakeholders and you are able to assess the impact on the project scope, definition and defined timelines.
- You comply with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) process and contribute to its regular updates.
- You are familiar with working in a bimodal IT strategy mode, where application development for digital innovation exists alongside application maintenance and operational stabilization projects applied on legacy applications.
- You maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge of the latest industry trends
- You have good knowledge of and experience with IT Security concepts.
- You are an independent, flexible and analytical thinker.
- You are fluent in spoken and written English.
- Experience in large scale complex enterprise application integration projects.
- Hands-on experience with the architectural patterns advocated by Domain Driven Design
- Knowledge of or experience with traditional and modern integration platforms (IBM MQ / MuleSoft / Apache Camel / Apache Kafka).
- Knowledge of or experience with OOP programming languages (JAVA).
- Knowledge of or experience with traditional and modern database technologies.
- Knowledge of or experience with modern Web and Mobile development stacks and frameworks (Angular, React, Flutter).
- Proficient knowledge of IT Service / Change Management processes (ITSM/ITIL).
- Business knowledge of airline regulation, customs processes/procedures and/or international goods supply chain logistics, or postal sector
- A competitive salary with extra-legal benefits
- A challenging position in an international and dynamic environment with an informal atmosphere
- Career development opportunities in accordance with your expertise and commitment
- Great culture and colleagues
Do you see a personal challenge in these versatile and responsible tasks? Then apply now!
We look forward to receiving your application!
Facts and Figures
<25% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn