ACS/ Cargo Revenue Management Capacity Optimization Director
YOU TACKLE FOR QUALITY AND GREAT SERVICE. THIS WILL IMPROVE THE LIFE OF OUR CUSTOMERS.
Would you like to become part of the world's most international company?
A company that pioneered cross-border express delivery in 1969 and is now active in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. Do you want to be part of a company that connects people worldwide? And the more people we connect, the better life will be on our planet.
The DHL Air Capacity Sales key objective is to maximise revenue opportunity through the sales of a range of air cargo products using available air capacity & infrastructure, which complement and enhance the DHL core service offerings. These products are typically sold to Freight Forwarding and Airline industries. The success of ACS is dependent upon the efficient exploitation of opportunities. The ability to react to changes and developments in a pragmatic and flexible manner will determine the level of performance.
The ACS/ Cargo Revenue Management Capacity Optimization Director is responsible for developing both strategical & tactical plans, while working on the calibration the demand forecasting module and the development of corresponding revenue management strategies to maximize capacity utilization and network contribution. His objective is to maximize the Contribution per available M³ while ensuring full flights at the right Service level.
This role is based in Diegem, Belgium.
- Responsible for developing the Capacity Optimization strategical & tactical plans
- Maximize the ACS Contribution by optimizing the Network Dynamics thru demand and capacity forecast
- Optimize the Network dynamics by setting up Flights Entry Conditions, and developing Yield Stacking opportunities
- Develop new ACS revenue opportunities thru Dynamic forecasting and Globalized Zero VOIDs
- Drive the Globalized Zero VOIDs program maximizing contribution on major trade lanes
- Develops, implements and optimizes the Dynamic capacity forecasting methodologies in collaboration with internal and external subject matter experts
- Tactical recalibration of short term cargo demand & overbooking levels
- Establishes close working relationships with Global Network Management team, Capacity Management Teams, ACS Ops & Sales Teams to drive awareness for Capacity Optimization business needs and contributions
- Actively participate to the Aviation Network development thru ACS Demand forecast and ‘What-if’ analysis scenarios
- Develop and maintain expertise on Capacity Optimization management tools and techniques
- With the support of BSG/BI, design and implement a reporting platform monitoring the performance and support to increase profitability, Yield and load factors
- Maximize Revenue & Net Contribution per M3
- Maximize Revenue & Net Contribution / Kg
- ACS Forecasting Accuracy
- Increase external/internal customer satisfactions by eliminating errors/waste activities
- Reduce complexity
- In close cooperation with Sales, Capacity Management and Operations, operates in a Continuous improvement framework maximizing ACS contribution
- Communicates a compelling view of how Revenue Optimization participate to the organization's purpose and values, in such a way that it helps others understand the importance and impact of their contributions
- Develops and implements processes and tools that provide real time support for decision making, drive accountability, improve flight contribution, reduce overloads and optimize the utilization of available capacity
- Transform by ensuring digitalization / automation of processes or reports ownership with support of BSG / BI teams
- Influence decisions/actions of internal stakeholders
- Be an inspiring functional lead to RM & Pricing Regional Directors to ensure a standardize approach on optimization across the network is applied, while encouraging best practices
- Encourage effective cooperation between different internal teams to ensure highest levels of performance
WHAT YOU BRING
- Minimum 10 years in Aviation/Cargo industry in related area of responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation, Logistics, Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Information Systems, or related analytical discipline
- Strong leadership & communication skills to be able to deal / influence people across different functions and seniority levels
- Ability to think laterally, come up with innovative solutions and challenge the ideas of others
- Must be a team player with strong relationship and project management skills
- Solid business knowledge and experience, as well as an understanding of the airline cargo industry competitive environment
- Should be familiar with airline economic concepts, predictive analytics, and process optimization
- Strong analytical skills - Must be able to quickly analyse data, summarize results/conclusions and effectively present findings
- Must be able to resolve problems by balancing relevant factors and grasp mathematical concepts related to cargo revenue management
- Should have advanced expertise in Microsoft Office, SQL, and reporting/analytics tools such as Tableau / Cognos
- Results driven
- Ability to cope with tight deadlines
- Fluent in English, must possess strong written and oral communication skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- Strong career support in an international environment
- Multifarious benefit program
- Access to comprehensive learning programs
BECOME PART OF OUR TEAM
If you are looking to further your career at the global market leader in Express logistics and are keen to be part of an organisation whose focus is to connect people and improve lives, we are interested to hear from you. Apply now - Mrs. Wendy Brune is looking forward to receiving your application!
CONNECTING PEOPLE. IMPROVE LIVES.
#dhl #express #logistics #job #brussels
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn