Retail Sales Executive
Overall Role Purpose
Extract, manipulate and analyse large amounts of data from various sales or sales related databases. Create and maintain automated program to support daily sales activity and sales strategy. Prepare information in an organized and systematic manner for a diversified audience, support the Sales Development Manager.
Customer - Internal
Retail Development Manager
- Work closely with Retail Development Manager to complete the AOP and all other Budgets.
- Responsible and accountable for retail team’s Daily Sales Report
- Automate retail reporting system and maintain the automated program’s result integrity
- In charge of retail Business Review and other retail related reporting.
Stakeholder - Internal
Country Office (other departments)
- Coordinate between various parties and/or sections for information to deliver the required report.
Country Marketing Function
- Work closely with Pricing and Business Intelligence team to deliver and provide required reports and data
- Create program automation to provide retail team with weekly sales revenue and pipeline reports
- Administer any changes to the database and ensure data integrity.
- Collate reports from individual retail and prepare a consolidated report for Management. Understand the various internal systems and its linkages to each other to extract the appropriate data from, as and when required.
- Generate reports and archive them accordingly
- Manage the vast amount of data and manipulate them for various uses. Assist to build databases and data warehouse for analysis and archive purposes.
- Design, build and generate ad hoc reports as and when required.
Deployment of Technologies, Tools & Processes to Support Sales Process
- Monitor retail processes and activities. Ensure that the system in place to measure these activities is updated and captures all key indicators and other relevant measurements.
- Analyse reports and highlights areas of opportunities or concerns to Management for action.
- Automate reports to provide management with strategic view on sales strategies.
People - Management
Incumbent has no direct reports and authority over country line and functional personnel. Nevertheless he/she must be able to demonstrate ability to influence decisions/actions.
Skills / Qualifications
- Software skills (Visual Basic, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- Advanced Excel skills ( Macro + VB programming)
- Communication skills (English), spoken and written
- Presentation layout skills
- Understanding of the language of business practices
Competency segment ‘Business’
Analysis: Breaks down a problem, situation or process into its component parts, separates the main issues from side-issues, understands the nature of parts and their relationship to one another. Seeks out and critically evaluates both numerical and narrative information. Draws accurate conclusions.
Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and use efficient work methods and tools.
Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
Results Orientation: Continually seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results. Overcomes obstacles and makes adjustments to achieve results. Focuses self and others to achieve targets aligned with business goals.
Competency segment ‘Leadership’
Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to achieve target and objectives. Accomplishes own tasks in support of team goals and actively offers to help colleagues. Supports group decisions.
Competency segment ‘Personal’
Accountability: Acts responsibly. Can be counted on to keep commitments. Complies with the intent of policies, procedures and agreements. Builds others' trust in own professionalism, integrity, expertise and ability to get results.
Communication: Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style, tools and mode to the needs of others. Listens attentively, and summarizes or asks questions, when needed, to clarify information.
Self Management: Remains calm, objective and controlled in responding to urgent or demanding situations. Maintains effective performance under pressure. Stays positive.
Expected years of experience:
- >1 year of commercial exposure
- Able to create reports using Excel and Access and create program interfaces using both systems
- Experience of Sales Database Management, Sales Analysis and use of Business Statistics.
- Experience in developing reports and plans, in a large and dynamic sales environment.
Experience in leading the development and design of sales performance reports.
Degree in Business (or related discipline)
Facts and Figures
<25% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn