Technical Field Engineer
Technical Field Engineer
Position: Technical Field Engineer
Contract Type: Permanent (Full Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 25/06/19
DHL is expanding its Home Delivery business and has some exceptional opportunities to join what is an already award winning team. We don’t stop at delivering products on behalf of our major High Street retailers. We strive to deliver happiness and great service to all of our customers every day.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Act as primary advisor to the Installations team member on QA issues/initiatives (e.g. problem solving, identification and escalation of significant QA issues)
• Support with the creation, maintenance and update SOP's, WI's and other learning materials to be used by the 2 Man Installations Team
• Assess customer requirements and ensure these are met at all times.
• Demonstrate the ability to develop, maintain and produce reports related to the QA standards required.
• Compile and prepare reports QA reports, presentations and other documents as instructed by customers and Line Management. ;
• Responsible for completing inspections and audits at end customer dwellings, ensuring this is delivered professionally and courteously at all times.
• Conduct corrective action in response to audits (DHL Internal and External - Gas Safe and NICEIC).
• Ensure the attainment and sustainability of the ISO 9001 and 14001 certifications where applicable.
• Champion Continuous Improvement , change culture and quality service delivery across 2 Man Installations Services
• Conduct process reviews to eliminate waste and drive cost reductions across In-Home Services
• Co-ordinate the implementation of CI and PI initiatives and projects relating to 2 Man Installations
• Develop and maintain QA systems and registry to ensure compliance to all system requirements including document control and records, specifications, maintaining colleague competency training records, product identification, trace / recall and incident management.
• Responsible for Quality Assurance Management operations and ensuring all technical requirements are met.
• To monitor and control any negative environmental impact arising from In-Home Services processes within area of responsibility.
• To work in accordance with Health & Safety as outlined in the Health, Safety and Environmental Responsibilities.
• Identify and develop suitable processes and procedures to meet all competency requirements and ensure effectively trained out.
• Provide guidance, discipline and other personnel related activity in accordance with corporate policies.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with all environmental health and safety regulations and ensuring sustainability.
• Actively participate in Root Cause Problem Solving techniques and implement agreed improvements
• Participate in daily Huddle meetings and Gemba Walks
• Actively participate in case problems solving techniques and implement agreed
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Previous experience in quality assurance although would consider gas and electrical installers looking for their next role
• Excellent PC literacy skills, including Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong leadership and team building skills
• Excellent Communication and Engagement Skills
• Good problem solving, communication and organisational skills
• Ability to work both within a team environment and individually to achieve targets and strict deadlines
• Must have recognised industry accreditation of competence in the field of Gas Installation and hold ACS CCN1 and CKR1; Range Cookers DOM LPG / DOM NG; Pipework DOM NG (CORE)
• Engineering qualifications are desirable
• Understanding of quality management principles and DHL systems. i.e. OMS, Kronos etc.
• Previous experience of auditing
• Project management/process improvement workshop experience
• DMAIC accreditation desirable
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
Work Permit Required
Day time only