Stock and Provisions Manager
Position: Stock and Provisions Manager
Customer: JD Wetherspoon
Salary: Circa £45,000 + Benefits
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 24th November 2017
For the role of Stock and Provisions Manager you will be responsible for ensuring consistent high quality customer services to DHL Supply Chain customers through effective planning, management, and staffing of the Stock and Ops Admin Team, and Provisions Team by providing effective communication, leadership, motivation and training & development, supported by the deployment of appropriate enabling technologies. Responsibility for maintaining and managing inventory levels and integrity. Responsibility for managing and minimising DHL's contractual stock loss liabilities
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
- Driving Customer Service Excellence lead and drive customer satisfaction by providing best in class standards with a view towards establishing and maintaining a competitive advantage
- Maximising Revenue Generating Opportunities where possible identify and promote areas with potential for revenue generation
- Maximising stock availability whilst minimising stock holding of all Customer Goods according to departmental / contractual agreements
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Operations Admin and Purchasing teams
- Driving customer value by driving process improvement and continuous improvement across all elements of the business
- Providing effective communication, leadership, motivation and training & development. supported by the deployment of appropriate enabling technologies
- Plan and manage all stock counts (January and July) and audits of inventory. Develop & maintain effective inventory processes, incorporating warehouse management systems
- Produce accurate stock Key Performance Indicator reports, analyse and recommend changes to Standard Operating Procedures to enhance accuracy and operational effectivenes
- Put in place procedures to monitor and minimise stock losses
- Implement procedures to maintain cycle counting and perpetual inventory
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
- 5 years of experience in a related capacity
- 3 years’ experience in an operational management capacity
- 3 years Inventory Management experience
- 3 years’ experience in a Customer Services dept./Contact Centre
- Customer Service/Contact Centre Management Skills
- PC Skills (Excel/Access) – Intermediate level minimum
- Analytical, organisational and motivational skills
- Project Management skills & People Management skills
- Leadership, Negotiation and interpersonal skills
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
Work Permit Required
Day time only