Position: Process Engineer
Grade: TBC Salary: Competitive
Closing Date for Applications: 01 November 2018
What are you accountable for achieving as a Process Engineer?
The main purpose of the role is to provide both day to day and strategic industrial engineering support for the customer. Dealing with the optimization of complex automotive I2M processes and systems by eliminating waste within the supply chain by figuring out how to do things better. To provide Industrial Engineering interface and alignment for both operational and planning teams supporting the delivery of customer’s growth agenda.
The role will implement and support the operational teams in the identification and development of new best practices, providing costing and developing business concepts into solutions.
What will you need as a successful Process Engineer?
• Advanced computer literacy (use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, email, Internet/Intranet as appropriate)
• Microsoft Excel - Experience with Advanced Formulas and Macros
• Understanding of JIT Manufacturing, FMEA, Lean Methodologies, 5s and Poke Yoke.
• Experience of working in a pressured and highly time-sensitive environment
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques
• Basic knowledge of performance standards in the areas of Quality (ISO9002) & Environment (ISO4001)
• Good logistics/material supply understanding and/or experience
What will you get in return?
In addition to the excellent opportunities for progression, our package includes 25 days holiday, defined contribution pension scheme and access to discounts with major high street retailers.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvEh04LNJ_I
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
Work Permit Required
Day time only