Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) is the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories.
However we are an organization that is not just moving goods around but we have a very clear purpose, we are: Connecting People. Improving Lives.
We provide challenges and opportunities for personal and professional development, we recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the largest world leaders in logistics and supply chain.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group's air, ocean and road freight specialist.
We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Currently we are looking for Credit Controller.
Would you like to manage receivables on behalf of the company entities’ in an efficient and cost-effective manner?
Are you interested in maximize cash flow and minimize bad debts for the business?
If yes, please read on.
Your task will be:
- Customer dispute management: Resolution of escalated issues, disputes from customers, shared service centers, and operations
- Collection: Maintenance of collection treatment plan/strategy, support collectors, authority to set and release credit hold
- Write-offs: authorization for small-balance write-offs
- Bankruptcy process: Participation – filing of claim, following claim through process and tracking of claim to completion, reporting
- Credit applications: Review and approve (or forward to manager for further approval if required) Inform customer about credit limit approval/rejection
- Cash Application: Resolve escalated unmatched Items
- Pro-actively review credit limits and amend accordingly with the required authority.
- The C&C Specialist has the expertise of the credit management, cash applications and collections processes
- Supports OTC manager in definition of the local or non-global processes
- Works closely with other DPDHL entities to ensure open lines of communication are maintained.
- Manages customer credit limits to minimize bad and doubtful debts, while meeting commercial needs
- Executes in conjunction with shared service center team the strategy for C&C process
- Acts as a relationship-builder and manager across internal functions.
- Supports C&C manager in the review of the service providers performance
- Supports compliance to policies, procedures and SOPs for C&C process
- Works directly with the service providers to identify improvement opportunities
- Supports business by providing customer creditworthiness information and warning about implied risks
Your profile should look like:
- University degree in Finance or equivalent qualification
- 3-5 years of experience in related field
- Very good understanding of freight forwarding industry
- Good knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements
- Experience in used accounting system is preferred
- Solid experience in MS Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables, charts, etc.) required
- High degree of conceptual and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), fluent in English
- Strong results and customer focus
- Good understanding of local market both at the macro-economic and industry level.
- Experience of working with an outsourced team is essential
- Unique international strong brand spirit of DHL
- Employer who respect employees and help manage your time at and away at work to achieve work/life balance
- Strong team with interaction with people from all over the world
- Flexible working hours with possibility of occasionally working from home upon agreement
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary
If this is something you would like to do, don’t hesitate and start your application.
Facts and Figures
Saudi Advanced Project Logistics Services
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn