System Support Specialist (Wintel)
Begin your career with DHL IT Services!
Infrastructure Operations team runs and maintains the global hosting infrastructure and its components within the ITS data centers as well as providing countries with remote infrastructure management and support.
Our goal is to ensure that the organization has the right knowledge and capabilities to deliver 1st and 2nd level support for infrastructure, keeping the infrastructure up and running 24x7x365
We are seeking for a talented System Support Analyst to join our team. You will provide proactive and reactive support for production services, supporting all production systems running in ITS.
At DHL IT Services, your talent is our passion. Join us today!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensure implementation of new services and changes to existing services in the production/ development environments are in line with customer project plans and requests
- Provide Operations Acceptance activities in order to ensure accurate and timely release to production of new and/ or enhanced services.
- Provide 2nd level Windows Operations and hardware support by meeting SLA target.
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE
- Windows Servers
- PowerShell Scripting
- VERITAS and Microsoft Cluster
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in system admin related
- Experience with OS related programming preferable
- Confidence and extensive knowledge in Windows Servers Operation and Administration.
- Knowledge in OS and Network/Firewall troubleshooting. Core dump, performance and network analysis would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in VMware, Microsoft and VERITAS cluster management, SAN and NAS storage, databases, backup, antivirus and Splunk.
- Incident and Problem ticket analysis and trend analysis
- Ability to work independently and self-motivation
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality
- Solid in information acquisition, constructive challenge, building and managing partnerships , flexibility and stress management
- Strong customer focus
- Basic knowledge of requested technical area
- Able to work on 3 rotational shift (morning, noon and night)
- Able to work on work as on call support.
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT(S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus.
- Experience in Core dump, performance and network analysis
- Experience in Web development using PHP and /or CMS
- Experiences and knowledge with backend scripting in at least one language of the following set: Powershell and PhP.
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great Team of IT Professionals with Global Working Exposure
- Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – Customized According to Individual Needs
- On-Going Professional and Technical Training and Certifications
- A Multicultural Environment in Modern Offices
- Choose Any Day for Your Vacation From Earned Public Holiday (Saturday and Ad Hoc)
- Smart Casual Everyday
- Global Internal Job Opportunities Available Within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home Office Possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
DHL IT Services – About Us
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man days per year of development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required