System Support Specialist (NetBackup)
Our Infrastructure Operation team is looking for a new team member!
As part of the Server Service Operational Backup & Storage Team the purpose of this role is to, as an Backup Administrator, perform the following role Backup Administration of Infrastructure and Platforms.
The overall deliverables of these roles are to ensure that the contract delivery objectives are met in relation to:
Incident Support / Reactive Support
Proactive Maintenance and Administration
Continuous Improvements Objectives
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform all functions pertaining to Backup and restoration services management.
- Ensure compliance to the backup and restoration services process.
- Inform the service owners on the capacity of the backup infrastructure (e.g. backup tapes, restoration infrastructure, etc.).
- Perform all backup tests.
- Perform all functions pertaining to the restoration of services through back-up restores.
- Produce the necessary reports (e.g. trend analysis, backup infrastructure capacity) for service improvement and management reporting purposes.
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
·Windows Server 2012 and Newer
·Linux RHEL 6 and 7
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Sound knowledge of systems monitoring platforms and service management solutions
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an IT operational environment
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis during the weekend and also prepare to work during public holidays
- Familiar with Network (understanding of fabric path/cisco; tcp/ip and udp/ip; VLANs; static routing, DB engines (MS SQL, DB2, Oracle), SAP, VMWare (understanding VM configuration, networking, disks);
- Understanding of Installation, configuration and maintenance of Veritas NetBackup backup environment including servers, agents, disks and tape storage devices;
- Troubleshooting backup performance problems reaching beyond backup/recovery tools;
- Familiarity with the following systems/technologies: Disks storage systems, Data deduplication, Tape libraries
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality
- Strong in information acquisition and analysis, constructive challenge, building and managing partnerships, flexibility and stress management
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to work conceptually
- Customer-centric and end-users focused
- Mustbe experienced in implementing, supporting and managing large enterprise systems is essential
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English for both written and oral
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge about other enterprise backup & restore solutions
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
•Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
•Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
•On-going professional and technical training and certifications
•A multicultural environment in modern offices
•Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
•Smart casual everyday
•Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
•Unlimited Outpatient Medical
·Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUT US - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
·Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
·Runs more than 7700 servers;
·Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
·Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
·200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required