Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Unix/Veritas)
Cyberjaya, Selangor, Malaysia Global Business Services 57156 13. January, 2021Apply
Our Infrastructure Engineering team is looking for a new team member!
As an Infrastructure Engineer, your task is to build and configure new and existing systems with respect to infrastructure and application software standards as part of the implementation process at the Global and Regional level.
To provide technical consultancy to internal/external DHL customers to support the implementation planning for the successful deployment
Response to and resolution of issues with both the regional and global infrastructure server environment setup hosted within the ITS and region for the Operating Systems / Hardware / Infrastructure applications to ensure maximum provision of service.
The team provides Infrastructure Build and Release to Production Services mainly focused on Veritas Storage Foundation / Infoscale, HP-UX and AIX operating systems.
The department is also focused on providing 3rd level support for Infrastructure incidents and problem resolution. The team also works with ITSS on Infrastructure Standards, Roadmap and Lifecycle management, develop or update Service Descriptions/Cost models and contribute to Collaborative Innovation initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Undertake proactive maintenance and administration of computer hardware and software, and operations tools in support of the delivery of the IT service
- Improve system availability with proactive work to avoid outages and performance issues with particular focus on maintenance services for all infrastructure used by the Operations Centre
- Develop new tools and procedures for further customization and automatization of existing products and processes
- Provide low-level design for platforms supported within area of responsibility in IT Services
- Develop, test, implement and maintain/drives standards for platform build and management, in cooperation with other Infrastructure and Operations teams, peers from other IT Services locations and related global structures
- Define and maintain operation procedures for the platform, contribute to capacity planning and HW setup standards
- Provide 3rd level support for the infrastructure mentioned above, work on problem resolution and implement selected changes (including patching, upgrades, etc.) in cooperation with production operations and other departments and vendors
- Actively cooperate and contribute on other product/platform related tasks
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
- RedHat Enterpise Linux Server
- VERITAS Infoscale (VxVM, VCS)
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent work experience (5+ years)
- 3+ years working experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux server administration
- Veritas Storage Foundation / Infoscale administration
- Knowledge of UNIX operating systems is advantage, preferably HP-UX and/or AIX
- Knowledge and hands on experience of shell scripting
- Knowledge of Perl or Python programming languages is advantage
- Experience in a large, multi-vendor, computing environment preferable
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality
- Ability to work independently
- Strong in information acquisition and analysis, constructive challenge, building, and managing partnerships, flexibility and stress management
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to work conceptually
- Customer-centric and end-users focused
- Ability to communicate effectively in English for both written and oral
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification
- RHEL certification
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
•Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
•Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
•On-going professional and technical training and certifications
•A multicultural environment in modern offices
•Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
•Smart casual everyday
•Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
•Unlimited Outpatient Medical
•Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUT US - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
•Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
•Runs more than 7700 servers;
•Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
•Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
•200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Facts and Figures
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn