Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Tools and Monitoring
Our Infrastructure Engineering team is looking for a new team member!
As an Infrastructure Engineer,your task is to build and configure new and existing systems with respect to infrastructure and application software standards as part of the implementation process at the Global and Regional level.
To provide technical consultancy to internal/external DHL customers to support the implementation planning for the successful deployment
Response to and resolution of issues with both the regional and global infrastructure server environment setup hosted within the ITS and region for the Operating Systems / Hardware / Infrastructure applications to ensure maximum provision of service.
The team provides Infrastructure Build, Data Center Networking and Release To Production Services.
The department is also focused on providing 3rd level support for Infrastructure incidents and problem resolution. The team also works with ITSS on Infrastructure Standards, Roadmap and Lifecycle management, develop or update Service Descriptions/Cost models and contribute to Collaborative Innovation initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Design and implement all monitoring solution using Data Analytics/AIOpsfor Operating System/Database/Middleware/Monitoring/Application Software based infrastructure services located within the ITSC
- Provide guidelines and working instructions for other teams in the support chain, based on chosen technology and tools
- To design and create solutions for improving visibility and monitoring current infrastructure and hosting new applications
- Will align and apply with infrastructure standards provided or set by global standards organizations such Technical Architect team or ITSS
- Helps to resolve problems (eg poor performance) and faults (eg system failure) occurring in the operation of hardware and software
- Plays a leading role in scheduling installation work, liaising with all concerned to ensure that installation priorities are met and disruption to the organization is minimized
- For all requests that cannot be resolved, you are required to provide an effective interface between users and service providers supplying all necessary diagnostic information according to established procedures
- Proposes discusses and evaluates potential solutions with service providers and implements agreed on field modifications or workarounds as directed
- Provides guidelines and working instructions for other teams in the support chain based on chosen technology and tools
- Provide technical expertise to resolve the third level technical support issues and ensure that all escalations are successfully resolved and that all emergency fixes/changes are appropriately documented and implemented
- We emphasize teamwork hence provide advice and guidance to junior colleagues is a must.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve third level technical support issues and ensure that all escalations are successfully resolved and that all emergency fixes/changes are appropriately documented and implemented
- Act as Service Configuration Administrator for Global infrastructures services supported by department
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
·Shell or PowerShell scripting
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 5–8 years working experience in Infrastructure Engineering especially in Big Data Analytics , monitoring solution or similar role
- 2-3 years’ experience working using Splunk Enterprise . Knowledge using Splunk ITSI will be an advantage
- Advance scripting skill using Phyton ,Shell or PowerShell
- Knowledge of Change Management process
- Good communication skills, customer oriented, an active contributor to teamwork
- Sensitive to cultural differences
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality
- Strong in information acquisition and analysis, constructive challenge, building, and managing partnerships, flexibility and stress management
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to work conceptually
- Customer-centric and end-users focused
- Mustbe experienced in implementing, supporting and managing large enterprise systems is essential
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English for both written and oral
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification
- Certified Splunk Administrator
- Python Programing Skill
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUT US - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
·Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
·Runs more than 7700 servers;
·Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
·Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
·200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required