Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Storage)
Our Infrastructure Engineering team is looking for a new team member!
As an Infrastructure Engineer, your task is to build and configure new and existing systems with respect to infrastructure and application software standards as part of the implementation process at the Global and Regional level.
To provide technical consultancy to internal/external DHL customers to support the implementation planning for the successful deployment
Response to and resolution of issues with both the regional and global infrastructure server environment setup hosted within the ITS and region for the Operating Systems / Hardware / Infrastructure applications to ensure maximum provision of service.
The team provides Infrastructure Build, Data Center Networking and Release To Production Services.
The department is also focused on providing 3rd level support for Infrastructure incidents and problem resolution. The team also works with ITSS on Infrastructure Standards, Roadmap and Lifecycle management, develop or update Service Descriptions/Cost models and contribute to Collaborative Innovation initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Installs or removes hardware or software by using supplied installation instructions and tools by following the agreed standard.
- Conducts tests of the hardware or software affected by using supplied test procedures and diagnostic tools. You will have to correct malfunctions items; you may call on other experienced colleagues and external resources if required.
- Reports details of all hardware/software items that have been installed and removed so that configuration management records can be updated
- Helps to resolve problems (eg poor performance) and faults (eg system failure) occurring in the operation of hardware and software
- Plays a leading role in scheduling installation work, liaising with all concerned to ensure that installation priorities are met and disruption to the organization is minimized
- Provide technical expertise to resolve the third level technical support issues and ensure that all escalations are successfully resolved and that all emergency fixes/changes are appropriately documented and implemented
- We emphasize teamwork hence provide advice and guidance to junior colleagues is a must.
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
- RedHat Linux Administrator
- Backup technology (Veritas
NetBackuand/or any other Enterprise backup SW)
- Backup HW (LTO Library, B2D – DataDomain, StoreOnce, other)
- EMC / IBM and Brocade SAN
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 5–8 years working experience with Storage and Backup, OS and HW troubleshooting
- Proficient RedHat Linux Administrator
- Proficient in Veritas NetBackup
- Fluent knowledge of English, both written and orally
- Knowledge of Change Management process
- Good communication skills, customer oriented, an active contributor to teamwork
- Sensitive to cultural differences
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis during the weekend and also prepare to work during public holidays
- Must be willing to work on long hours and willing to travel with short notice
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality
- Strong in information acquisition and analysis, constructive challenge, building, and managing partnerships, flexibility and stress management
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to work conceptually
- Customer-centric and end-users focused
- Must be experienced in implementing, supporting and managing large enterprise systems is essential
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English for both written and oral
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required
Day time only