Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Middleware) - copy
Basic Job Description
To deliver technical and implementation architecture design/standards, execute middleware builds and provide 3rd line operational support. To act as the SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the middleware area (Application Servers, Web Servers, Messaging, Integration Servers), to support business initiatives both at Global and Regional level. To be responsible for the implementation and reporting for the Regional/Global initiatives.
To work with and provide technical consultancy to internal/external DHL customers to support the implementation planning for the successful deployment of new infrastructure technologies.
The response to and resolution of issues with both the regional and global infrastructure server environment setup hosted within the ITS and region for the Middleware Infrastructure to ensure maximum provision of service.
Skills & Qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- At least 8 years of working experience with Middleware Software on architecture, design, setup configuration and performance stress test
- Familiar with Webmethods, Weblogic, MS IIS, MQ, Java - Codes + Memory sizing, Tomcat, JBOSS
- Very strong knowledge of Operating System/Hardware/Database/MiddleWare/Monitoring/Infrastructure Applications
- Very strong knowledge in Hardware relevant knowledge of technology for computing, data storage, printing e.g High end server hardware (classical standalone servers, blade technologies), Storage (SAN, NAS, backup), virtualization platforms and technologies, interoperation of all these technologies as applicable to subject matter expertise.
- Very strong System’s Management Methodologies to ensure performance and capacity measurement and management of systems and hardware components, e.g. performance Monitoring and Capacity Management.
- Familiar with Report Writing Techniques Methods and techniques for writing effective reports.
- This is a Full time employment with normal working hours
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required