Senior Application Support Specialist (XMLPI)
Technology moves at a swift pace. Business relies on technology to stay competitive. Your choice to join us as an Application Support Specialist would enable you to leverage your expertise to seek for continuous improvement to support business innovate grow and improve their operations.
If you are a thirst for creativity and hunger for an opportunityof solving challenging problems that deliver high values into our business service operations for our customers, you come to the right place. As a member of the Solution Support team, you are the key backbone to determine the success of the DHL IT systems.
Embraces the right mindset to deliver
Your role is vital to ensure high availability of all business application to stay at a competitive position for the business.
Solution Support provides IT support to solutions that have been developed to enable the business processes. Each solution has an agreed service level which defines the quality that is required. We work closely with other IT functions to ensure that all aspects and components that are required to deliver the service are aligned. We strive to continuously improve our performance to ensure a competitive position for the business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will need to provide application support and deployment services to the users within DHL, enables the required processes needed for the business to be successful
- You will work as 2nd level support for DHL internal applications
- Responsible for testing and release to production
- Supports Incident, Problem and Critical Incident Management as required, prioritizes requests in accordance with agreed criteria and the needs of the organization in accordance with SLAs
- Maintains good working relationships with appropriate internal and external DHL customers
- Provides technical support to users of business applications, using standard ITS processes and procedures
- Provides verbal and written technical reports to specialists on aspects of system status.
- Provides technical reports to users and managers.
- Plan, execute and support implementations so the applications themselves are deployed with minimal disruption to the production environment and meet established standards. Provides deployment services for area of competence
- Investigate problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions
- Liaise with staff responsible for the development of system enhancements to overcome known problems
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
- OS Unix, Linux
- OS Windows
- DB (Oracle/Informix)
- MQ Series and JMS MQ
- Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic
- XML, Java script, JSP, XSL
- Ability to create shell script in UNIX and LINUX
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 5–8 years working experience in performing L2 application support
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis during the weekend and also prepare to work during public holidays
- Must be willing to work on long hours and willing to travel with short notice
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to work conceptually
- Customers and end- users focused
- As a senior support, you must be able to work independently with less supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English for both written and oral
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification knowledge a plus.
- Able to write Unix Shell Scripting from scratch
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
Work Permit Required