Senior Application Support Specialist (DevOps)
- To provide advice and identify opportunity within the organization and partners.
- Setting up test environments, designing test plans, developing test cases/scenarios/usage cases, and executing/coordinating these cases by manual or automation technologies like Load runner and Selenium.
- Practical experience in Application Monitoring with e.g. HP OpenView, Splunk, or similar tool.
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Specifies user/system interfaces and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of the target environment, performance requirements, and existing systems.
- Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods, and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Provides correct responses to requests for work through, for example: developing workarounds or site-specific enhancements manipulating data reconfiguring systems helping to implement changes to operating procedures, training users or other operations team producing additional documentation escalating requests.
- Liaises with team, provides a solution for the design & development of system enhancements to overcome known problems or further fulfill user requirements.
- Operational Identifies and resolves issues with applications, by prioritizes requests according to the agreed SLA.
- Investigates problems and other support requests and determines appropriate actions to take.
- Create and maintain clear documentation on system maintenance.
- Actively monitor application infrastructure capacity to improve utilization and reduce costs by supervising system infrastructure - including monitoring CPU, filesystem, memory, and process utilization.
- Working on normal working hour
- Unix command
- Shell Scripting
- Oracle SQL
- Java and Spring Framework
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- At least 5 to 8 years of working experience in Application Support and ITIL Process.
- Good exposure on Linux / Unix and Shell Scripting
- Have strong hands-on knowledge in software development, preferred experience in Java EE, HTML5, Angular JS, and Bootstrap CSS.
- Experience in Spring Framework, Spring Boot, and Maven.
- Experience with Integration platforms IBMMQ.
- Experience in any open-source tools in file processing, reports, and workflow.
- Knowledge of API development, protocols, and data formats: SOAP, REST, XML/XSD, JSON.
- Strong experience in Database Oracle or other RDBMS and performance management.
- Advanced knowledge of OS Linux including scripting.
- Experience in continuous integration and related tools such as Jenkins, Git, and IBM UCD.
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on call rotational on call support
- Analytical and conceptual thinking and information acquisition
- Persistence, initiative and creative person
- Constantly follow up, monitoring and can make good decision making
- Customer Focus
- Great Team of IT Professionals with Global Working Exposure
- Flexible Benefits – Customized According to Individual Needs
- On-Going Professional and Technical Training and Certifications
- A Multicultural Environment in Modern Offices
- Choose Any Day for Your Vacation From Earned Public Holiday (Saturday and Ad Hoc)
- Smart Casual Everyday
- Global Internal Job Opportunities Available Within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home Office Possibilities
- Sounds good? Start your application now!
Facts and Figures
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.
No travel required
Day Time Only
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn