Principal System Support Specialist
Begin your career with DHL IT Services!
We are seeking for an experienced Principal System Support Specialist to join our team. You will provide proactive and reactive support for production services, supporting all production systems running in IT Services.
At DHL IT Services, your talent is our passion. Join us today!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead local team of Support Specialists supporting system monitoring tools running in ITS.
- Cooperate with engineering team on implementation of new monitoring solutions. Ensure changes to existing ones in the production/ development environments. are in line with project plans and standards.
- Consultation on technical architecture and production standards
- Work with vendor to solve monitoring SW incidents and investigate issues.
- Corridnate Operations Acceptance activities in order to ensure accurate and timely release to production of new and/ or enhanced services
- Maintain forward vision of server and/ or software architecture and provision to ensure timely replacement of servers with due regard to financial and technology implications
- Build and maintain relationships to ensure efficient cooperation with colleagues and customers.
- Ensure that the applications and their support is undertaken based on the IT Operational standards and ITS Process are delivered within the requested timescales
Manages MOTIV8 process for direct line reporting team members
Supervises tasks are completed in time and in expected quality by the team.
Schedules tasks accordingly and ensures there is appropriate work balance in the team.
Monitors individual performance and provides technical guidance to team members as required
Provide clear direction and performance standards across the team
Ensure development of people through a comprehensive training plan for direct reports
Leads by example and Champion EOS activities
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE
- HP Operations Manager
- Micro Focus Operations Bridge Suite
- Micro Focus SiteScope
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Overall 8 years of experience in IT field
- People management experience
- 8 years of experience in IT operations department supporting business critical systems in the corresponding area
- Experience in Windows and Linux/Unix basic administration
- Experience with OS related programming especially shell scripting knowledge
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality
- Solid in information acquisition
- Solid in the constructive challenge
- Solid in building and managing partnerships
- Solid in flexibility and stress management
- Very good knowledge of requested technical area
- Fluent English
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT(S)
- IT Operations troubleshooting skills
- IT support experience
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Working experience with HP Operations Manager or other monitoring tools
- Programming skills especially Perl and PHP
- Experience with work in multi-cultural environment
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great Team of IT Professionals with Global Working Exposure
- Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – Customized According to Individual Needs
- On-Going Professional and Technical Training and Certifications
- A Multicultural Environment in Modern Offices
- Choose Any Day for Your Vacation From Earned Public Holiday (Saturday and Ad Hoc)
- Smart Casual Everyday
- Global Internal Job Opportunities Available Within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home Office Possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
DHL IT Services – About Us
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man days per year of development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
Work Permit Required