Principal Application Support Specialist
To provide consultation, guidance and technical expertise with respect to leading-edge technologies
To drive solutions of technically complex migrations & integration opportunities and transition programs.
To provide architectural input on design, development, implementation and strategy of major opportunities /solutions.
This role would be expected to work closely with line managers to organize team activities and develop the team resources.
Day to day reports to Team Lead of Service Support or Manager of Service Support team. Matrix managed by Program Manager during major transition programs & business opportunities. May report directly to Senior Management for significant growth opportunities / strategy initiatives.
Ensuring the maximum availability and minimum disruption to the given service. Ensuring that all agreed targets, SLA's and Metrics are met.
Conducts regular service reviews with all interested parties to monitor business satisfaction with the service. Typically acts as Services Owner for global, mission critical or very high revenue service.
Ensuring that emergency incidents are managed and resolved within the agreed target resolution times (TRT) and according to the Service Recovery Policy.
Insuring that all incidents are dealt with according to Incident Management best practices. Typically acts as Recovery Manager for global, mission critical or very high revenue service.
• Knowledge on IT Architecture / Service ownership
• Leadership skills
• Personal qualities
• Customer focus
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University Degree with IT related subject matter.
- A minimum of 8-10+ years business experience in highly IT related role.
- Advance technical skill in WebMethod ,GXS AI,Oracle SQL,Unix/Linux Scripting Axway PI,Java
- Experience in implementing, supporting, integration testing, & managing commercial systems is essential.
- ITIL process knowledge would be added an advantage.
- Experience in Service Ownership, Application troubleshooting & resolution skills.
- Provide 24/7 on call support during weekends / public holidays are essential
- Able to work on 3 rotational shift (Morning 8.30am – 5.30pm, Noon 3pm – 12am, Night 11am – 8am)
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
Work Permit Required