Principal Application Support Specialist (Express Finance Services Reliability Team)
Begin your career with DHL IT Services!
We are seeking for an experienced Senior Application Support Specialist to join our team.
You will provide consultation, guidance and problem solving expertise with respect to complex technical issues. You need to ensure the software applications environment is well developed and maintained with high quality.
As a Service Owner and Recovery Manager, you will need to ensure all agreed targets and Service Level Agreements are met and emergency incidents are managed and resolved within the agreed target resolution times.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
·This role requires the candidate to be technically strong, ability to learn new skills quickly and develop/implement and be part of Express Finance Service Reliability Team
·Carries out specific assignments related to their technical expertise, either alone or as part of a team in order to achieve the milestone.
·Ability to deploy applications as per the standard process, including patches and upgrades.
·Analysis of functional, technical and business requirements to help contribute to the design, build and implementation of the solution.
·Plans, executes and supports implementations so the applications themselves are deployed with minimal disruption to the production environment and with almost no supervision.
·Investigates problems and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions.
·Liaise with staff responsible for the development of the system to overcome known problems and related bugs. Interface and give guidance to the development team.
·Specify requirements for environment, data, resources and tools (including testing suite).
·Learn Business knowledge, application technical details, related infrastructure and able to work on sprints to deliver on basis on detect, prevent and resume.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 8–11 years working experience in performing L2 application support of large enterprise application
- Must be able to provide 24x7 on-call support on a rotational basis during the weekend and also prepare to work during public holidays
- Must be able to work on 3 rotational shift (morning, noon and midnight)
- ITIL Foundation and project management techniques
- Experience in (Express) Finance, specifically Billing and Pricing Application (Advantage)
- Stakeholder management between users and technical teams
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly and effectively and increasing knowledge base technically and theoretically
- Good timekeeping, task management and organizational skills
- Delivery oriented
- Team player
- Proven Innovative /out of box thinking ability
- Proven Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Very good communication skills in English
- Unix/Linux (Advanced)
- Bash (Advanced)
- Java (intermediate/Advanced)
- SQL (Advanced)
- Informix or Oracle. One Database knowledge should be at Advanced level.
- Shell scripting (Advanced)
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
- Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
- Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
- On-going professional and technical training and certifications
- A multicultural environment in modern offices
- Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
- Smart casual everyday
- Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
- Unlimited Outpatient Medical
- Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUT US - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
- Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
- Runs more than 7700 servers;
- Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
- Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
- 200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya.
Facts and Figures
DHL Information Services (Asia-Pacific) Sdn. Bhd.