Infrastructure Engineer (Linux)
Our Infrastructure Engineering team is looking for a new team member!
As an Infrastructure Engineer, your task is to engage with the project team to build and configure new and existing systems with respect to infrastructure and application software standards as part of the implementation process at the Global and Regional level.
To provide technical consultancy to internal/external DHL customers to support the implementation planning for the successful deployment
Response to and resolution of issues with both the regional and global infrastructure server environment setup hosted within the ITS and region for the Operating Systems / Hardware / Infrastructure applications to ensure maximum provision of service.
We are a team of professional to continuously deliver technical implementation, consultancy, architecture design and standards to our business.
We act as SME on Redhat Enterprise Linux platform and to support business initiatives both Global & Regional level and provide technical consultancy on technical architecture to support the planning and implementation of new infrastructure technologies.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You are responsible to develop, test, implement and maintain/drives standards for platform build and management, in cooperation with other Infrastructure teams, peers from other IT Services locations.
- You will need to define and maintain operating procedures for the platform, contribute to capacity planning and hardware setup standards
- Your role is to maintain installation and configuration procedures and drive automation around these areas
- To provide a 3rd line of support and problem management support for the infrastructure components and services (including patching, upgrades, etc.)
- To collaborate actively and contribute to other product/platform related tasks
APPLICATION YOU WILL USE:
- RedHat Enterprise Linux
- Veritas / Infoscale
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- 3 years working experience in technical infrastructure, system administration in data center environments or in a similar role within an IT operations department supporting business critical systems
- Experience in a large, multi-vendor, computing environment preferable
- Creative problem-solving skills, innovative thinking and an ability to work conceptually
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality
- Strong in information acquisition and analysis, constructive challenge, building, and managing partnerships, flexibility and stress management
- Customer-centric and end-users focused
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English for both written and oral
From technical requirements standpoint:
- Proficient administration skills in RHEL
- Good knowledge of Programming/Scripting Languages
- Experience in troubleshooting, performance tuning and security
- Knowledge of Veritas Storage Foundation/Infoscale
- Good technical knowledge on Intel-based server infrastructure preferably HPE Proliant and Huawei
- Basic knowledge of clustering technologies preferably Veritas
WHAT IS THE PLUS POINT (S)
- ITIL Foundation/ Certification
- RedHat Certified Engineer
WHAT YOU WILL GET FROM US
•Great team of IT professionals with global working exposure
•Meal Card and Flexible Benefits – customized according to individual needs
•On-going professional and technical training and certifications
•A multicultural environment in modern offices
•Choose any day for your vacation from earned public holiday (Saturday and ad hoc)
•Smart casual everyday
•Global internal job opportunities available within DPDHL
•Unlimited Outpatient Medical
·Home office possibilities
Sounds good? Start your application now!
ABOUT US - DHL IT Services
IT Services is the internal provider of specialized IT Build services and industrialized IT Run services to Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) Group:
·Supports over 260,000 DPDHL e-mail users;
·Runs more than 7700 servers;
·Supports more than 2000 global services and applications;
·Processes 9 million shipment information messages per day;
·200000 man-days per year of a development application.
Apart from being more than 4.500 highly skilled IT professionals with an intimate knowledge of the logistics industry, we at IT Services altogether represent more than 80 nationalities. IT Services is working behind the scenes 24-hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year in the data centers and offices across three continents – Americas (Mechanicsburg, Westerville, Tempe in USA and Mexico, Costa Rica and Brazil), Europe (Prague in Czech Republic; Bonn and Darmstadt in Germany) and Asia (Cyberjaya in Malaysia and Chennai in India).
You would be part of over 1400 highly skilled IT professionals working in a friendly, multicultural environment of 26 nationalities in Cyberjaya
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
No Business Travel
Work Permit Required