Jr. Manager IT – Infrastructure Services and Projects (MEXICO)
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent across the globe. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the world’s largest leaders in logistics and supply chain solutions. Our purpose as the Logistics Company for the World is to connect people, improving their lives. We don’t just deliver parcels and packages - We also deliver prosperity, we transport health, we power growth and we deliver joy.
DHL Express is hiring a Jr. Manager IT – Infrastructure Services and Projects to join its Mexico Team. In this role, you will provides expert advice/guidance during the design and implementation of IT Infrastructure services for new and existing solutions to support the Express Service Centers, telecommunications and infrastructure in general.
To manage the implementation of these solutions to ensure that they meet both their business requirements (whether in terms of cost, reliability, performance etc) and align with DP DHL standards and strategies.
To support the IT Infrastructure team and related 3rd party, in the in the delivery of properly engineered IT Infrastructure services, including the management of change and the maintenance of professional standards and related services.
Provide consultancy in the IT Infrastructure services to other IT teams and BUs under governance of Global Production Sourcing, Infrastructure Architecture and Infrastructure Product Management teams.
Provide cost effective solutions to meet business needs and look for savings in related services
Align projects and services under the governance model defined by internal PMO and other functions
- Co-ordinates technical requirements information gathering from internal/external customers to implement cost-effective solutions within required timescales
- Project co-ordinates and implements tasks for business initiatives that require Global/Regional involvement
- To be the SME in the design and implementation of IT Infrastructure services for new and existing solutions to support the Express Service Centers, telecommunications and infrastructure in general
- Provides project support, technical consultancy and implementation planning for the successful deployment of new infrastructure technologies to internal/external DPDHL customers.
- To ensure all designs are scalable meeting both the business requirements are supportable. The post holder would need to provision services that are resilient and can be supported regionally and/or globally
- Solutions are implemented in a way that does not jeopardize the existing infrastructure and that all designs meet the requirements of the business. Pre and post implementation assessments need to be carried out to ensure that solutions operate effectively and can be supported
- Provide guidance to Project managers under his/her responsibility to better manage internal/external resources related to projects
- Ensure accurate budget forecasting and its proper execution for the services and project portfolio under his/her responsibility
- 6 – 8 years of Experience in a multi-national or Top companies environment providing IT Infrastructure Services area solutions
- Security: CISCO - CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, CCSE, CISSP, MCSE
- IT related degree
Project Management related knowledge or degree
Cisco Certified CCN, CCDE, CCAr, CCNP, MCSE, CISSP, CCIE, WLAN desired
- Telecom Architect will be a plus
- PMP Certification desired
Demonstrate experience leading infrastructure project portfolios
Demonstrate experience in projects that required regional and global coordination and cooperation
If you are interested to postulate to this job position please send your resume to the following email: Gisel.Galvan@dhl.com
Facts and Figures
<50% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn