Finance Planning Sr Director (MEXICO)
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent across the globe. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the world’s largest leaders in logistics and supply chain solutions. Our purpose as the Logistics Company for the World is to connect people, improving their lives. We don’t just deliver parcels and packages - We also deliver prosperity, we transport health, we power growth and we deliver joy.
Directs strategic financial forecasting, analysis, and reporting including the identification of risks and opportunities. Oversees financial modeling and the assessment and evaluation of alternative financial plans as they relate to the organization's objectives. Directs the development and adherence to reporting standards including data requirements for financial projections, modeling, analysis, and recommendations. Contributes to corporate financial strategic planning, analysis and review through the identification of cost-saving and profit-maximizing opportunities to improve current processes and provide meaningful information to key decision makers. Presents budget and forecast recommendations to senior leadership team. Directs the development and maintenance of the company's executive management reporting environment as it relates to CEO-level performance and financial reporting and group-level (DHL International and/or DPWN) reporting requirements. Supervises a team of four or more staff. Responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing subordinate staff. Assigns work, sets completion dates, reviews work, and manages performance in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and performance management processes.
- Keep company´s controlling area with a high level in the records and reports, providing reliable and timely information to all areas of the company information. To obtain a positive result in the financial audit by the external auditors. Contribute to the business strategy to be "Provider of Choice" and "Employer of Choice".
- Supports the Mexico growth strategy by preparing, reviewing and following up on key CAPEX initiatives (eg. 4 new service centers, ground hub upgrade, etc)
- Support profitable growth by directing strategic financial forecasting, analysis, and reporting including the identification of risks and opportunities.
- Directs the development and adherence to reporting standards.
Contributes to corporate financial strategic planning, analysis and review through the identification of cost-saving and profit-maximizing opportunities
- Presents budget and forecast recommendations to senior leadership team.
- Manage and be accountable for the business performance of their organization in the short and medium term, in alignment with strategic targets and market developments.
- Engage their teams to apply sound commercial principles to the management of costs, revenue and profitability in their units.
- Reach agreements that balance the short and longer-term business and strategic interests for DPDHL and its stakeholders, whilst strengthening DPDHL’s position as a ‘supplier of choice’ with their customers.
- Target people at all levels in their own organization to work closely with their business partners and customers to build a collaborative environment that encourages feedback, open debate, challenge, innovation and continuous improvement of service, process and cost for the benefit of all parties.
- Steer solution design teams to enable supply chain transformation
- Interact effectively at a cross-cultural and cross-functional level, recognizing how to best work with and through others to gain the commitment of key stakeholders in order to get major initiatives for their own organization accomplished
- Demonstrate thought leadership.
- Contribute to well known supply chain fora / conferences / magazines
- Able to manage high number of stakeholders & decision levels (10+), including third parties.
- Finance Degree
- MBA or Master in Finance -Preferred
- 15 years of experience in finance field
- 15-20 years of experience in Logistic Industry
- At least 5 years of regional experience or managing Regional Roles.
Facts and Figures
<25% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn