CIO / VP Information Technology (MEXICO)
At DHL, people mean the world to us. That’s why our goal has always been to attract and retain the best talent across the globe. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We recognize the difference you bring to our business and together we share the pride of building one of the world’s largest leaders in logistics and supply chain solutions. Our purpose as the Logistics Company for the World is to connect people, improving their lives. We don’t just deliver parcels and packages - We also deliver prosperity, we transport health, we power growth and we deliver joy.
Determines short-term IT priorities of the country and develops overall strategy for systems / applications development, hardware acquisition and integration in line with division and DPDHL strategy. Brings in Shares current knowledge and future perspective of technology and systems as related to the division's competitive position.
- Convinces Persuades others within the country, region and/or division to accept proposals and programs where there may be little interest in cooperating or participating.
- Builds and develops effective working relationships with important stakeholders, other technical specialists and third parties.
- Liaises with IT service providers based in the country and in other countries where services may be provided / hosted.
- Develops new IT processes, standards and operational plans in support of the division's and country's business and IT strategy.
- Ensures adherence to IT governance mechanisms for the country within overall DPDHL guidelines.
- Prepares detailed IT roadmaps and migration strategy for applications in collaboration with the integration team others.
- Manages the IT-interface in the countries at country level, that provides co-ordination and direction, and interacts with the business in the countries to ensure the needs of the business are addressed and issues raised are escalated and resolved.
- Ensures all IT services and solutions are delivered efficiently, effectively and on time within the country and are aligned with the strategic needs of the division.
- Delivers operational quality and consistency of the IT systems in the country.
- Evaluates and prioritizes improvements to the country's IT portfolio taking into account available resources.
- Analyzes complex issues in IT and significantly improves, changes or adapts existing methods and techniques.
- Recruits and develops members of the local country IT leadership team; keeps them motivated and coordinates their efforts oversees their task assignments.
- Approves key personnel decisions for the function in the country
- Generates commitment, motivation and enthusiasm to company and division.
- Leads and manages team; determines team structure, roles, performance targets in co-operation with general management.
- Evaluates performance and proposes performance-based compensation for direct staff reports.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in IT functions with leadership responsibility
- Manages and leads his/her team through expertise in most areas of the function.
- English: Fluent (written and spoken)
- Act as trusted market/ sector consultant to the customer, challenging thinking
- Develop compelling and integrated solutions for complex supply chain requirements
- Build multi-level relationships between senior people in the customer organization and in DPDHL
- Direct the business success of their organization in the short, medium and longer term, regularly taking a strategic overview of all their activities, and market developments in order to grow revenue, reduce costs and maximize profits.
- Build a culture that constantly seeks new ways of organizing, and expects constant challenge to organizational norms, assumptions and practices, in order to deliver competitive or long term advantages for DP DHL.
- Interact effectively at cross-cultural, cross-divisional and all business levels, and make use of their informal and formal networks to build the commitment of senior stakeholders to outcomes which will have a major and lasting impact for DP DHL.
- Initiate, sponsor, and direct the work of very large and very complex teams (both line and matrix/virtual) to ensure that they achieve their goals that directly impact the long term strategy of DP DHL.
Facts and Figures
<25% of the time