User Support Analyst (VIP)
Here at DHL Express UK, we are an employer of choice, a recognised Top Employer and specialists in providing Excellence, Simply Delivered. You could join our team of over 4000 employees dedicating themselves in Connecting People and Changing Lives through express delivery of parcels and international shipments from some of the best loved and most widely recognised brands across the globe.
DHL Express UK is part of the Deutsche Post DHL Group - the world’s most international company. We operate in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, enabling us to provide exceptional national and international career development opportunities. Within DHL Express’s pursuit to be The Logistics Company of the World we engage in a number of initiatives such as – Go Teach, Go Green and Go Help.
Certified International Specialists
From Operations to Sales, Customer Services and Corporate Functions our mission remains the same, to provide Excellence. Simply Delivered to achieve this our Certified International Specialist programme builds a common culture and provides the specialised knowledge our employees need to do their job competently and confidently.
Our values and culture are DHL Express UK are an extremely important aspect of our business. We embody our culture in three core attributes;
- Head: Being Results Orientated & Leveraging Strengths
- Heart: Providing Purpose & Having and Creating Trust
- Guts: Being Positive about Challenge, Uncertainty and Change & Focussing on Clear Priorities
In addition to ‘Head, Heart and Guts’. We promote an open and honest feedback culture based on Results & Respect, whereby our employees respect one another, embrace diversity and inclusion and drive employee engagement, every day and everywhere whilst never compromising n integrity and compliance.
Do you want to be part of a company that connects millions of people worldwide? Do you have the drive to make a difference? Click Apply Now!
Tasks and Responsibilities
To assist and expedite the diagnosis and resolution of incidents and requests assigned to the Desk-side Support group in line with agreed service levels with primary focus on supporting a dynamic list of DHL Express UK Senior Executives and their direct reports. Scope includes, but is not limited to, server, desktop, laptop, mobile phone technology, domain, security and network services.
- Assist VIP users by offering telephone and/or on-site support within an agreed SLA for the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of computer hardware, operating systems, Network configuration and software applications desktops on the following operating systems; Microsoft Windows v10. Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, Microsoft Office 2007>
- Support VIP users on desktop and connectivity issues at offsite seminars and conferences.
- Provide video conferencing support to all users utilising the video conferencing resources with an emphasis of support provided to VIPs.
- Provides advice to users on systems, products and services, which are available to them and assists users in making more effective use of desk-top systems, products and services.
- Makes initial diagnosis of any problems and advises known solutions where applicable.
- For all products, services and systems within the area of responsibility, demonstrates, installs and commissions desktop systems and their routine upgrades. Provides information on updates, known errors, changes in availability, new facilities etc.
- Provide project and build resource as required to assist BUIT as appropriate.
- Image management for standard laptops, desktops and PDA’s using in-house imaging tools
- Administration of MS Active Directory domains for user account and system management
- Printer Management via remote tools or onsite hands-on troubleshooting
- Data restore/backup management using DRUVA
- Provides an effective interface between users and service providers, including documenting problems, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
- Interprets technical or procedure manuals on behalf of non-technical users and provides routine training in normal usage of systems, products and services, providing information on the full range of capabilities.
Safety and Security
- Adhere to country laws/regulations and company procedures/ standards in regard to Safety and Security
- Adhere to customs / import / export procedures as applicable
- Ensure any potential security breaches or concerns are brought to the attention of supervisor/manager without delay
- There may be a requirement to undertake a Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) in relation to certain duties and procedures.
Our Promise to You - Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Eligibility to participate in performance related bonus schemes
- Generous holiday entitlement increasing with years completed service
- Company pension scheme with excellent contribution rates
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Generous company sick pay
- A competitive package of voluntary benefits including retail, entertainment, gym membership discounts, cash dental plans and more
- Discounted Health Assessments
- Access to professional employee assistance, wellbeing programme and qualified mental health first aiders
- Excellent training and development opportunities with a strong focus on internal promotion
Your Profile - Skillsets and Attributes
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking.
- Flexible including the ability to take account of new information or changed circumstances and modifying understanding of a problem or situation accordingly.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to effectively manage your own workload.
- The ability to improvise and use your own initiative to take action and overcome problems.
- Confident in establishing and maintaining relationships with a variety of colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keep them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Experience required with management tools i.e. knowledge of Altiris an advantage.
- Familiar with Networking and Communications - The planning and management of the interaction between two or more networking systems, computers or other "intelligent" devices. Examples: ISDN, Ethernet, TCP/IP.
- Proficient in Networking technology (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Proficient basic administration skills in MS Active Directory
- Techniques for ensuring that full account is taken of customers’ real and stated needs in the delivery of IT services. Proven Customer Service skills and experience of dealing with and resolving difficult customer issues.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a similar high profile (VIP) role with excellent IT support background of 5 years
- MSCA/MSCE accreditations would be beneficial.
- Apply now and upload your CV online.
- If your CV has been shortlisted one of our Recruitment & Talent Advisor’s will contact you within 5-10 days to discuss further details.
- Please note: Due to the nature of our business we are regulated by the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority), therefore it is compulsory for all applicants once offered employment to provide a full 5 year employment history. Additional to this we are required to carry out a Criminal Record check.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn