Regional Ocean Freight Director - U.S. Central
Job Title: Regional Ocean Freight Director - U.S. Central
Job Location: Chicago, IL
We have an exciting opportunity for a REGIONAL OCEAN FREIGHT DIRECTOR – U.S. CENTRAL. This exciting role supports the execution of the ocean freight strategy, provides ocean freight expertise and monitors all ocean freight related activities performed at station level to effectively manage the end to end ocean freight process. This person also ensures optimization of ocean freight transaction operations in line with customer requirements to deliver a cost/effective execution. This position will be based at one of our customer locations in the Central Region, USA.
- Point of contact for OPS and Service Quality related issues (e.g. customer complaints / escalations, exception management, shipment irregularities, service recovery, etc.)
- Supports local process enhancements and actively supports global improvement initiatives and standard procedures.
- Contributes to country ocean freight product agenda and projects/initiatives.
- Supports execution of Gross Profit Improvement Program across the region and country.
- Communicate implications of regional and country ocean freight policies/guidelines and support training with stations
- Support business development and tactical opportunity conversion by providing operational expertise and ensuring operational customer requirements are met
- Support development and drive implementation of new solutions/services incl. sector specific solutions
- Supports Spot Quote Pricing strategy
- Support and drives compliance to KPIs, with special focus on timely responding to requests
- Ensures adherence to guidelines and standards established by Pricing group
- Supports and drives adherence to usage of tools and sources as defined by Pricing group
- Drive cargo optimization in ocean/cartage vendors
- Contribute to ensure achievement of business growth, revenue & profitability.
Skills / Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience with Ocean Freight in the freight forwarding industry
- 5+ years' experience with Ocean Freight product management (operations, P&L oversight, commercial growth)
- Experience using CargoWise software is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Office tools, intermediate level in Excel)
- High Level of commitment, very dynamic, project management skills.
- Sensitive to urgency and able to work/keep focus under pressure.
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
·Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
·Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
·401K plan with a match
·Employee Discount plan
·Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL. We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
·The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
·The most efficient processes and fastest response times
·The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
Facts and Figures
DHL Global Forwarding US
Work Permit Required
Day time only