We have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Specialist to support Transportation Management and Trade Operations for inbound material supply and outbound customer orders at one of our largest strategic DGF customers with a complex supply chain. This position will be based at the customer location in Elgin, IL.
- Assist with planning, executing, and delivering both Domestic and International orders to customers
- Manage and oversee work across the supply chain to plan outbound customer order activity
- Ensure customer meets Customer Requested Ship Dates and customer monthly and quarterly shipping targets
- Utilize Systems and Data to enable exports
- Partner with Freight Forwarder to transport orders to customers
- Assist with initiatives to improve current operations
- Ensures compliance of customer’s business requirements
- Develop the Customer relationship with key individuals within the Customer’s Logistics Organization
- Deep understanding of the customers’ business, systems and processes
Skills / Requirements:
- US Exports - Knowledge of US Exports - Customs invoices, Export declaration (ACE), Incoterms, ECCN, Product licensing, Export screening, Product HTS classification, Country of origin, Document legalization, SLI, Letter Credit terms, Record Keeping, and Transaction post auditing
- Planning - Understanding of planning and executing to the business priority to achieve Ship Goals. Requires coordination with supply chain teams and excellent cross-functional communication
- Execution - Good knowledge of US domestic and international logistics, freight forwarder operations, domestic trucking, and basic shipping practices
- Typically requires BS/BA in related discipline and 2 years’ experience with Exports
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Outlook)
- Must be Dangerous Goods certified and/or very knowledgeable (certification preferred)
- Knowledge of Importation requirements and process as well as basic compliance to U.S. Customs Regulations
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its’ employees, society, and environment. You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL. We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance. DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
·Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
·Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
·401K plan with a match
·Employee Discount plan
·Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world’s leading logistics’ company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
·The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
·The most efficient processes and fastest response times
·The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: We connect people, improving their lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Facts and Figures
Air Express International USA, Inc.