CSI INNOVATION PROJECT MANAGER AMERICAS
JOIN OUR TEAM IN CHICAGO FOR A FULL-TIME POSITION, STARTING AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
As an innovation project manager you will be working with DHL operations, customers, startups, and other partners to identify and pilot new solutions across the Americas region. This role will be based out of our all-new DHL Innovation Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
Your main objectives are to initiate and drive innovation projects that accelerate DHL’s digitalization agenda and strengthens our relationships with key customers and partners.
Your main tasks will be to manage a portfolio of innovation projects which includes the management of both operational pilot projects as well as thought leadership initiatives.
You will apply your expertise to initiate and manage operational pilots leverage state-of-the-art technologies such as robotics, internet of things and artificial intelligence. You will be able to apply your unique creative skills to thought leadership initiatives which includes the publication of industry-leading trend reports, supporting DHL’s accelerator programs, and show cases at the DHL Innovation Center. This will require working in close coordination with our global innovation teams in Germany and Singapore.
As part of the global Innovation Center team, you will also be required to actively engage with DHL’s key customers through events at the Innovation Centers and at regional conferences.
- Inspired, open-minded and outgoing in character with a passion for innovation and new technologies
- Excellent university degree, with 3-5 years of professional experience in a related field, preferably with a background in consultancy, business, logistics, engineering or technology
- Fluent in English with excellent communication and writing skills; Spanish language skills would be an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate a complex idea in a simple way and encourage people to adopt ideas
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to assess business cases and business processes with a talent for identifying innovation opportunities
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently in an analytical and structured manner
- International mindset; willing to travel
- DHL Customer Solutions & Innovations (CSI), one of the business units of DHL, is a globally dedicated organization that simplifies the DHL customer experience by providing a single customer interface and by developing innovative industry-tailored solutions for DHL’s customers. Come discover the unique, international spirit of DHL where your commitment is recognized and rewarded.
- Once launched, you will be based at the DHL Innovation Center – THE customer-centric innovation facility of Deutsche Post DHL Group, where visions, trends and solutions are combined to generate new value.
- Watch the highlights of the DHL Innovation Center opening event in Germany a few years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGbgHtpHfQk. The Americas Innovation Center is scheduled to open later this year in September 2019!
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Facts and Figures
DHL Customer Solutions & Innovation Americas
Work Permit Required
Day time only