Position: Assistant Buyer
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 19/12/2018
For the role of Assistant Buyer you will be responsible for ensuring that you provide a supporting role for a range of strategic and non-strategic contracts to ensure that operational procurement demands are managed effectively allowing overall business targets to be achieved.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
• Managing the process for product recalls in a timely manner
• Maintaining the product database with amendments for existing products, or the introduction of new products
• Working closely with other Junior Buyers to ensure consistency and best practice
• Being an active member of the Procurement team, supporting teamwork and joint learning and development initiatives
• Delivery of agreed target financial numbers – margin revenue, savings for the category or sub category
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• Extensive experience in commercial functions or education in Logistics/Supply Chain management
• CIPS is desirable, either achieved or studying towards
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/G-nOa8Ddbbg
Facts and Figures
DHL Supply Chain UK
Work Permit Required
Day time only