Manager Of Team
Overall Role Purpose :
Responsible for line management of the delivery teams.The role is also responsible for managing the delivery of cost efficient, innovative solutions to the customers whilst optimizing the time-to-market, for a given set of Products.
- Is an advisor and expert to the business units on specific IT and functional topics relevant to the products allocated to the team.
- Recruits, Manages and Develops a team of IT professionals, from junior staff to senior specialists in their field.
- Ensures the team is aware of and utilizes current and appropriate technology and business practices in order to ensure the SSA remains attractive and competitive in future.
- In conjunction with the Department Head, identifies and supports opportunities for re-use and sharing across ITS for components and products as well as tools and techniques.
- Provide day to day direction to the team as issues are escalated, as part of regular reviews or though direct engagement in projects.
- Manages the allocation of resources (both internal and external) to the optimum advantage of DPDHL to both protect the organizations IP and to leverage providers of commodity skills.
- Manages teams to ensure Project Delivery on time, on cost and to appropriate quality standards as well as delivery into production of cost effective, timely and innovative products and solutions.
- Responsible for managing the allocation of team resources to allow for rapid response to requests whilst balancing the overall utilization of the team.
- Optimizing the delivery cost through execution of and contributing to the agreed Sourcing Strategy
- Identifying and delivering opportunities to improve the delivery of solutions through First Choice initiatives
Building and Leading Teams:
- Creating an engaged workforce by ensuring and appropriate mix of challenging and rewarding opportunities along with optimal use of the available resources.
- Monitoring and directing the ongoing development of the professional team under their management.
- Ensuring that all issues related to their staff’s wellbeing are monitored and resolved appropriately and in a timely fashion, including working environment, travel related and workload.
- Ensuring ongoing development and performance management activities are completed in a timely fashion for the team – i.e. IKO, PDPs and Motiv8 assessments.
- Ensures strong cooperation with other teams and Departments both on the sharing of resources within the SSA and between SSAs.
- Responsible for establishing and demonstrating a working culture within the Team that ensures maximum co-operation between ITS departments (One Team).
Manages the overall coordination, status reporting, and stability of Information Services’ project work efforts, ensuring that project goals and objectives are met within agreed upon time, scope, and resource requirements.Develops and executes project management plans that incorporate the following components:time, cost, scope, quality, communications, risk, human resources, procurement, and integration.Project Managers are responsible for the delivery of consistently successful, individual project outcomes. Program Managers are responsible for understanding and successfully managing the interdependencies between multiple related and unrelated projects whose coordinated delivery is required to achieve higher organizational objectives.
Develops, tests, debugs, maintains, and documents information systems applications.Installs/modifies purchased solutions.Manages and oversees third-party development.All positions in this job family participate to some degree in the following activities:Programming: (in one or more environments, e.g., mainframe, server, client/desktop, web/internet):Applies standard methodologies in creating and maintaining applications.Develops and codes from specifications, maintains existing programs, creates new programs, and produces program and system documentation.Analysis:Gathers business requirements.Identifies functionality of planned, existing, or purchased systems.Maps to business requirements and creates specifications.Testing:Applies programming and testing techniques and tools such as structured programming, code walk-throughs and audits, and program testing/debugging.Systems Integration:Specifies how new application functional objects integrate with existing application components.Identifies and defines application integration points with other internal and external systems.Collaborates with resources who represent other systems/subsystems when planning changes or debugging problems.Other Activities:Modeling techniques and tools; project management, vendor management, testing, documentation.
Develops and executes regional and/or global procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.Documents and works to resolve problems. Suggests future quality and testing improvements. Manages planning, preparation, execution and evaluation of testing activities. Plans, prepares, executes, evaluates and supports testing. May manage IS methods, procedures, and standards development and compliance. May be responsible for management of compliance with externally developed quality and testing programs (e.g., CMMI, ITIL, TMM, ISTQB, etc.). May interface with company-wide risk management and quality programs personnel.
Works in partnership with clients, advising them how to use information technology in order to meet their business objectives or overcome problems. Works to improve the structure and efficiency of an organisation's IT systems. Provides strategic guidance to organisations with regard to IT technology, IT infrastructures and the enablement of major business processes through enhancements to IT. May be responsible for providing guidance during selection and procurement as well providing highly expert technical assistance, and may be responsible for user training and feedback.
People – Management :
To manage direct reports to ensure appropriate support and challenge.
To complete individual performance evaluation and development plans.
To ensure appropriate bench-strength for succession planning and resourcing.
To manage indirect reports and to provide appropriate feedback on performance.
Facts and Figures
DHL IT Services Asia Pacific
Work Permit Required