Operational Business Manager (US-O) - 5815 - Canal Winchester OH NCRC (Canal Winchester, OH)
Operational Business Manager
Can you see yourself in a role where you are responsible for influencing operational leaders and decision-making in a distribution center environment? Are you the type of person who takes initiative to solve problems and pursue continuous improvement opportunities? Do you demonstrate the ability to think analytically and creatively while maintaining an intense attention to detail? Would it motivate you when the guidance you provide has a direct impact on company profitability?
If so, DHL Supply Chain has the opportunity for you.
We are looking for a top notch Operational Business Manager who will provide financial/operational insight and guidance to enhance performance and process efficiency.
To provide analytical support for all Accounting and Finance activities, such as month end close, payroll, receivables, payables, etc., as well as for operational activities such as warehouse productivity, labor efficiency, throughput reporting and analysis, etc.
• Conducts customer meetings as a Sr. Representative of DHL Supply Chain
• Multiple complex sites/accounts
• Potential direct and indirect reports
• Direct contact with the customer leading discussions on billing, strategy, and budgets
• Commercial complexity supports the higher level role (billing parameters, complex commercial discussions i.e. flex budgeting, KPI penalties/incentives, gain-share/pain-share)
• May support sites with multiple locations and/or customers
• Provide information as requested by external customers in relation to any and all items on customer invoices
• Audit vendor payables for accuracy and ensure appropriate approvals are obtained prior to payment
• Provide a professional environment with relation to external customer representatives
• Execute daily customer / vendor contract requirements and identify accessorial activity and ensure necessary documentation
• Work with Finance and HR department associates on a daily basis, providing support and assistance as needed
• Provide support to Kronos application and set-up to ensure accurate hourly activity reporting
• Interact with General Managers, Managers and Supervisors to provide analytical support as needed
• Provide back up to the purchasing supervisor when needed
• Participate in the necessary daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for associates
• Direct involvement with Accounting and Commercial Finance departments
• Provide ad-hoc analytical support to operations personnel in all areas of the operation as needed and requested
• Prepare month end close accrual and reclass journal entries
• Assist as needed with accounts receivable processing and collection
• Assist as needed with account payable processing
• Reconcile Purchase Orders as support to expense recognition
• Prepare daily and weekly labor analysis reports for operations productivity analysis
• Participate in the collection of performance measurements consistent with customer, vendor, and site requirements
• Ownership of balance sheets (black-line) account reconciliations
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance field, required
• 5+ years' experience in Accounting or Financial Reporting role, required
• Previous logistics / warehouse experience, preferred
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.
Our Organization is an equal opportunity employer.
Facts and Figures
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn