Air Export Specialist - Calgary
DHL Global Forwarding is a Freight Forwarding organization that is the expert in global air, ocean and ground Freight Forwarding. Our passion is to enable international trade. We simplify our customer operations and maximize their opportunities.
Our Calgary branch is seeking an Air Export Operations Specialist to join the logistics team.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment with a great team please apply!
- To ensure the clients, and other required parties are kept fully informed of transportation arrangements & status on a regular basis from departure to arrival of goods.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange for the movement of air export shipments
- Anticipate, identify and rectify any exceptions and to keep the customer informed at all times
- Create needed documentation; prepare quotations for export traffic.
- Consolidate individual consignments and arrange for prompt collection/delivery of
consignments to and/or from specified destinations.
- Understand all documentation pertaining to exports to various countries as well as their
- Establish contacts and relationships with shippers for better understanding of their products and
- Establish good contact with overseas stations for better communication and coordination
- Maintain good contact with various service suppliers.
- Any other task, as required by direct Manager.
Minimum Requirements (Education, experience and skills):
- Min 3 years experience in Freight Forwarding with a concentration in Air Export
- Proficient knowledge of export documentation & Incoterms
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Well organized
- Good self-initiative
- Computer literate
- Flexible hours
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Professional & courteous phone manners
- Ability to solve logistical problems as necessary
- Proficient verbal,written & organizational skills
- High School Graduate
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in Canada. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role. DHL is an equal opportunity employer and believe we will gain through the recruitment and development of staff who represent the broad diversity of the Canadian workforce.
Facts and Figures
37.5 hours per week
DHL Global Forwarding Canada
Work Permit Required
Day time only