The job holder is responsible for Compensation & Benefits area that includes salary surveys, monthly payroll, merit Increase and Incentive schemes, also to provide business solutions and support to line managers and staff on HR related matters which includes, HR policies, Performance Evaluation, Disciplinary & Corrective Action and other HR practices.
The job holder provides support and makes recommendations to HR Manager on implementation and improvement of HR Processes and adhoc HR projects to accomplish current and future business requirements
Compensation & Benefits
- In co-ordination with the HR Manager, conduct/participate in salary surveys i.e. Hay, Watson Wyatt, Mercer, benchmarking to ensure that salaries remain competitive in the market.
- Manage the benefits schemes effectively to ensure that it is in line with the company policy. Provide suggestions to improve/enhance the current benefits structure
- Responsible for development and administration of HR budget. Provide reports, benchmarking, trend analysis, to HR Manager on Personnel cost, Headcount, FTE, Overtime, Commissions and Incentives.
Employee Engagement Survey
- Manage the Employee Engagement Survey to measure employee satisfaction and provide feedback to SMT on Work Conditions, Line Managers & Colleagues, Opportunities, Compensation, Procedures and Quality. Manage any other ad-hoc surveys that are implemented.
- Ensure that Motiv8 is actively used by all managers and supervisors within the areas of control for the purpose of evaluating KPIs, competencies, development needs and career aspirations so that it is seen as fair and objective process by the employee and can be used as an effective document for measuring performance and identifying training and development needs.
HR Policy and Procedures
- Implement new HR policy and procedures in line with ISO standards. Communicate to all staff and ensure compliance by all managers and staff.
Disciplinary Hearings & Grievances
- Ensure all disciplinary hearings are conducted as per Egypt Labour Law and DHL Policy & Procedures in a fair and consistent way. Advise line managers on disciplinary process and corrective action.
- Ensure all grievance cases are approached and handled with total confidentiality.
- Manage / participate HR Projects as requested by HR Manager/Area Office.
- Develop and implement plans & projects, provide clear direction and performance standards to HR Team. Train, coach, motivate and supervise the team to achieve set targets and DHL objectives.
Direct reports : 1
· 8-10 years of
experience in HR, min.3 years in Compensation & benefits
degree level with a postgraduate qualification in HR
·Wide ranging generalist
HR experience in a medium / large sized
organisation with specific experience in recruitment, remuneration,
psychometric assessments, employee relations, local legislation.
·Building and Leading teams
·Strong negotiation and influencing skills
with Managers at all levels
·Strong decision making skills
·Excellent communication skills
·Proven interpersonal and relationship
·The ability to coach and develop others.
·Sound decision making ability