Area Sales Manager - National Channels
Cairo Governorate, Egypt DHL Express 20006WW 14. October, 2020Apply
- To determine the Sales Business plan and objective for the sales area ensuring that the Relationship Business Unit’s Business Plan is re-enforced within the sales territories of each of the Sales Managers.
- Manage and develop the existing and potential customer base through sales teams and their sales manager in order to achieve profitable revenue growth.
- Manage and monitor business performance of the sales force through the Sales Managers to ensure adherence to commercial standards and achieve effective and efficient management of the sales resources
- Ensure that customers are appropriately allocated to the Business Unit’s sales channels according to the commercial guidelines
- Ensure the effective transfer of customers between the Relationship Business Unit and Direct and Strategic to maximize the long-term benefit to DHL.
- Ensure that the inter-functional interfaces between Area Ground Operations and the Relationship Business Unit are established and maintained. Set and achieve area and customer key performance indicators and maintain a decision making process to determine and agree operational capability in relation to customer needs and resolve any customer issues.
- Train and coach the Sales Managers on an on-going basis to enable them to achieve their full potential. Constantly develop own skills, competencies and abilities in order to act as a senior sales leader of a sales team.
- Ensure that the Sales Managers manage, develop and lead their sales teams so that a consistent approach is achieved through adoption of the country commercial standards.
- Manage the assigned Sales Managers through building a strong motivation spirit to implement the core value: team player, achievers, honest and helpful.
- Monitor market and competition situation and take appropriate actions in order to act on business risk within the framework of the current strategies. Also ensure that observations are given as an in-put to the development of the Business Unit’s Business Plan
- gEnsure that e-Com tools are consistently promoted to customers and implemented to achieve customer satisfaction and lowest cost per shipment transactions.
- Adhere to the agreed pricing policies, monitor profitability against targets and ensure a consistent approach to price re-negotiation.
- Ensure that the compensation and benefits package reflects effective sales force recognition and incentive schemes and is aligned to HR standards. Apply this to the sales team and support professional career progression including training and development plans for each staff member.
- Ensure that the team is provided with clear direction and performance standards and is staffed, trained and motivated to meet set targets. Perform the PEAP process regularly for direct reports to manage individual performance and career aspirations.
- To contribute to the creation, calculation and implementation of the forecast for the sales area to ensure that the company budgeted and/or forecasted growth reflects the market potential.
- Ensure proper usage of sales support processes and tools such as Selling in DHL, MSM, CASAM etc. so that the sales team can be more effective and efficient as well as ensuring that customer information is recorded and maintained and treated as a DHL asset.
- As security is a vital and integral part of our business and as such contributes to its overall success, line managers are responsible for compliance to DHL security policies and procedures
- At least 5 years previous consistent sales experience; air express, air freight or service industry experience a distinct advantage.
- Intimate knowledge of the Egyptian Business market.
- Self motivated and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the business community.
- Fluency in both English & Arabic – written and spoken.
- Customer service oriented.
- Ability to handle stress in a competitive Sales environment.
Facts and Figures
<15% of the time
I like working for DHL because it is the worldwide leader in logistics where customers and employees are always in focus.
Current Employee – Project Manager in Bonn