H&G Regional IT Systems Specialist
Would you like to be part of THE Logistics Company of the World? A company working with employees of different cultures and operating in over 220 countries? A company that connects people across the world and in this way improves their lives? In that case DHL is the company you are looking for! Moreover, we provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development as we value our employees. We recognize the difference you bring to our business, and together we share the pride of building THE logistics company for the world.
Within DHL Express we are currently looking for a H&G Regional IT Systems Specialist to enforce the team in Brussels. In this role you will provide on-site and remote technical support for the IT systems managing the DHL Global Automated Sort Facilities in EU. Your primary responsibilities are to provide expertise with respect to IT-based Auto-sort technologies and driving incident/problem resolution with technically complex software and integrated solutions in a time-critical environment. The role also requires working in projects and providing technical input on service design and transition to local country teams, in the context of new solutions deployed across the region.
What are your tasks?
- You manage the incident/service recovery processes (using appropriate ITSM tools) with hardware and application vendors, IT Services, Global BIT etc. - escalating where necessary ,
- You perform 2nd-level technical support for IT systems used in DHL Auto-sort – having knowledge of the complete end-to-end solution,
- You monitor service performance (e.g. OVO Alerts, H/W, DB, OS etc.) and initiate corrective action, making sure IT is fully optimized (people, technology) to support the business,
- You support the implementation of IT systems as part of new Auto-sort project deployments across the EU region,
- You provide technical guidance and expertise on-site with respect to new Auto-sort solutions to the local business as well as IT organisations.
Who are you?
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years of multi-disciplined, business oriented IT experience, supporting technologies relevant to the role.
- You have technical knowledge and skills in areas of: OS (Windows, Linux), Database (Oracle), Network and Data analysis, Hardware, Middleware, Shell scripting, SCADA, PLC etc.
- You possess knowledge and understanding of interfacing EGAP solutions (e.g. SCL, DCE, DMG etc.) and GSOP processes.
- You are experienced with working in large-scale infrastructure projects, using Project Management methodologies and tools.
- You have the willingness to work across different shifts – i.e. AM/PM/NIGHT.
- You are readily available to be on-call and support business remotely.
Interested in this challenging position and you meet the requirements? Do not hesitate and apply online including your cover letter and CV in which you convince us you are the right candidate!
Facts and Figures
DHL Express Global
Work Permit Required